ID:2539181

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
We use world.Error() to capture runtime details the first time each unique runtime occurs every in-game round. The details are then posted in an issue on GitLab. The only fatal flaw with this is that less details are provided over time because a large amount of runtimes occur (our code isn't all that great), and so the generated issues become less detailed if the runtime is captured far into the round.

The problem can be illustrated with this snippet:
for(var/i = 0; i < 50000; i++)
var/atom/A = new()
A += "silly stuff"

var/bad_maths = 6 + " "

You'd get good information on the first runtime, but no information on the last one.

It'd be much better if you got less details when the same runtime repeats over and over, but full details every time a new, unique runtime occurs. Alternatively, world variables or something similar for controlling the runtime detail level provided could do the job just as well.

Just bumping this up a bit after a talk in the patreon discord, would be nice to have this added/solved to get more information on issues
starting the world with the -verbose argument to DreamDaemon will keep the details from getting truncated after 100 errors.