ID:2541099

This week the bug fixes flew. I added a new feature, which was basically that mouse support would now handle alpha masking (either via the filter or via blend modes that do masking). That feature however ended up with a couple of bugs, resulting in yet another new release. Then there were more reports and... well, you get where I'm going with this.

The new blend mode is working out to be way cooler than I anticipated, opening up a lot of possibilities that didn't exist before. So it's been cool to see that taking off. The mouse changes were needed to bring it all home, and for the most part that's basically there now. To be fair, the right-click menu still potentially handles some masking cases a little bit wonky, but I'm not concerned enough at the moment to work out the much more complex logic to do it thoroughly.

Although it kind of sounds like a slow week it was really anything but. The mouse stuff I've been looking at took a lot of time, and I'm trying to work out a few other small issues that landed on my plate. One of the non-mouse fixes for 513.1509 also took a lot of in-depth debugging and was a big time suck, but it was worth it in the end.

I'm actually just gonna leave it here for today, keeping the news short and sweet for once. Seems like every time I promise myself I'm gonna make the update quick it snowballs into an epic. Since it's the end of the month though I want to shout out to everyone who's contributed to BYOND this month, which makes development possible. For today's early-access post on Patreon I'll go into a lot more detail—excruciating detail, really—about the myriad mouse changes that had to be done.

Let's talk about what's really important this week, at least on this side of the Atlantic: the convergence of Superbowl Sunday and Groundhog Day. Whether the groundhog sees his shadow or not, it means six months of no football. Snack while the snacking is good! I'm partyless again this year so I'll be making chicken Parmesan meatballs (two batches: one of them low-carb) and I may well get some nice quality cheese to snack on on the side, with of course some good junk food to go with it all. My cats would prefer I made teriyaki wings, but that will have to wait for another day.
Jimmy G is bassssicaaalllyy still a Patriot. That's what I'm telling myself anyways.

Nice work as always.