ID:2541291

Hello everyone. I am trying to run BYOND off of one of my open ports connecting to my own IP, and each time I attempt to connect to my own address after Dream Daemon affirms that BYOND hub can reach my address, the program itself gives me a "Connection closed" message. I am sure I am running on an open port, I just opened it. I disabled firewall protections for BYOND and affiliated programs like Daemon and Seeker. I went into the cfg and changed the proxy port to the port I had just opened. I am seeking any help offered, thanks!
Now its telling me it cant open my port. This is strange.
If Dream Daemon's host join icon isn't letting you in, try typing in byond://192.168.x.x:xxxx (this is the IP for a local network, note the first x is 0 or 1 and the second is the number assigned to your host computer by your router...xxxx is the port you're hosting on). I've used that as a workaround when the game being hosted is acting up when trying to connect through Dream Daemon.
In response to Ryuujin
Its when I type 127.0.0.1:xxxx to join the server in BYOND's "Open Location" area. It simply says "Connection closed."
I've been unable to connect to localhost myself using Open Location in BYOND. That's the same thing as 127.0.0.1. Try connecting to it through your LAN instead.
In response to Ryuujin
Connecting to my LAN?
In response to Ryuujin
How would I connect to my LAN? On another note, whenever I use Dream Daemons yellow icon to automatically open the game, it gives me "connection closed."
Attempting to connect to my own IP with the port that I opened results in a "connection failed" and not "connection closed." Is that significant?