ID:2544959

(See the best response by Nadrew.)
Windows 10
BYOND 513.1511
When I try to install the exe, it closes after half a second, only making a file path to a 0kb Byond exe. I have tried to run as an administrator and compatibility mode Windows 7, they did not work. After removing the file path I downloaded the zip folder. After unzipping it ran, but I couldn't play anything as Dreamseeker.exe was missing. I thought it was a faulty unzip as dreamseeker and some other files that were missing were in the zip folder. I tried to move dreamseeker into the bin folder of BYOND, but I didn't have the correct permissions.
I then unzipped each file manually exactly as it's supposed to be and BYOND ran, but again dreamseeker was missing. I checked the documents BYOND folder for it but it was nowhere. I then file searched for it and it wasn't on the PC. Is there a way to fix this? I just got a SS13 private server running that made me update to the 513.1511 version. Before hand I had no issue with BYOND running.
Also strange thing I found, everytime I downloaded and ran the exe for BYOND513.1511 installer, it caused whatever folder it was in to revoke permissions from me so I couldn't download anything to my download folder.
Any help would be appreciated!
Best response
Sounds like over-zealous security software flagging it as problematic and removing it.
Thank you, that was the issue.