ID:2546397

All this clear blue sky, yet if I go out to enjoy it I'll freeze my butt off. The sunshine is nice, though.

I had originally planned to release version 513.1512 this week, but the week got away from me. I ended up not only sneaking in some features, but investigating a number of issues along the way: bug reports that needed some love along with some new issues that sprang up last-minute. In fact I just now dealt with a bug regarding mouse opacity and I really want 513.1512 to be the release that completely locks all that down.

Actually I had a pretty strong plan to release yesterday, and that's when a bunch of stuff popped out. I decided to look into a report I had about slow compilation and ended up chasing a rabbit down a hole, slogging through profiling runs and their results, finding some interesting opportunities for optimization along the way. While I came out successful, it blew any chance of a release, and by then I had a couple of other things on my plate.

Thanks to all of you who've contributed to BYOND as Members, donors, or on Patreon or SubscribeStar. (Fun fact: some of the things I looked into this week were a direct result of issues raised in the patrons-only Discord.) I'm grateful for your support and glad I can continue working on new things and making the engine better for all of you.

Now that the pink holiday is behind us—as well as the other one nobody gets off unless they work in a school, government office, or bank—it's time for Easter candy to flood the shelves. Ever wonder who invented those weird spice jellybeans and why, and who even buys them? That question, like the taste of those awful things, has haunted me for decades.
Keep up the good work