Descriptive Problem Summary:
obj A with mouse_opacity = 0 in vis_contents of mob B which has KEEP_TOGETHER will cause the mouse to interact with obj A as long as it is layered below mob B
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Create a mob with KEEP_TOGETHER
2. Create an obj with mouse_opacity = 0, an icon larger than the mob icon, and a layer below the mob.
3. Place the obj in the vis_contents of the mob.
4. Mouse over the obj in vis_contents of the mob, the mouse will detect it.
5. Change the layer of the obj to be above the mob, the mouse will, properly, no longer detect it.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
In the test case I have 2 things in vis_contents, both with mouse_opacity = 0.
One is layered below the mob the other above.
The one layered below shows up when you mouse over it, the one above does not.
There is a verb to flip the layering of the two things in vis_contents.
The obj with mouse_opacity = 0 is ignored by the mouse irregardless of layering with respect to the mob.
The obj with mouse_opacity = 0 is ignored by the mouse only when it is layered above the mob.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?: Every time
In other games?: Yes
In other user accounts?: Yes
On other computers?: Yes
When does the problem NOT occur?
When the mob does not have KEEP_TOGETHER set
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
Did not check anything earlier than 512.1488, but it shows up in 513.1511 too
None so far
Feb 21 2020, 7:35 pm