Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2547226

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
My suggestion is, that if someone is about to be killed for x reason and hasn't mated for their 2nd gen yet should be given some sort of handicap/chance to make a 2nd gen without mating anyone, said 2nd gen would be weaker than if you mated by appropriate roleplay means, but would still have better potential than the 1st gen parent that is about to die. I don't know how the mechanics of such an idea could function.

I make this suggestion due to the fact that most people that die and haven't mated for their offspring either remake/quit/never get revived, so this way if someones character is at risk of death, they have a chance to continue into a new character right before they end up being killed, instead of being killed with little to no chance of being revived and just end up quitting for the rest of the wipe instead.

Remaking is an option, but would anyone really want to play as a brand new 1st gen starting from nothing in the middle of a wipe? I don't think so.

Maybe before death the roleplaying party can OOCly agree to let the person that is about to die mate someone OOCly if anyone is willing just for the sake of good sportmanship and for the sake of that person not quitting for the rest of the wipe.

Just a little idea i had to keep the player base good going into the long run of a wipe.
This idea takes the form of reincarnation most of the time, and it's always fit into the RP aspect of the AL.

A system like this would have to be more of a hassle than what it's worth. Limit the ability for the player to control what happens to discourage using it as the default, and set them to a baby of whatever race they get randomly. (Possibility of the confirmation message letting them know what race they're going to reincarnate into. I can see reason for, and against this.)

Obviously there would need to be rules restricting its use to prevent abuse in the case that there is something about it worth abusing.
-1. This idea is bad. As it stands right now with current AL suggestions (being just given a body, being able to mate while dead and the offspring be alive, the very notion of reincarnation, ect) there is very little consequence for death as is. This suggestion completely removes any consequence whatsoever.

This is also made under the misconception that the people who die as a first gen typically have progress worth saving. A third gen, maybe. A fifth gen, certainly. But 2 or 3 weeks of progress made as a first gen is quite frankly not worth trying to recover. Just remake and try again. This is the way.
I can tell you from experience that this idea will never work . I’ve killed a lot of people and when I do typically kill them , I wanna make sure they can never get revived ic or ooc, so I wouldn’t let them run off to mate. However, i was a kid back then so who knows . Typical example is Mag, everyone knows the feud I had with him , and I definitely wouldn’t want him to mate someone before I kill him .

Although , I have an idea similar to this one is what king piccolo done . So while you are knocked out on the floor you can still asexually mate and spit an egg. That’s the only alternative idea I can give
TBH The only time this was ever a real issue was back when Reviving had a 100% chance of death on Kais and Demons. Given the MASSIVE rework for revival that has been suggested already, the idea of reincarnation, the fact that you can mate dead with a living person and get a living baby, like Trazz said, being dead really has no real consequences. This idea would only legit make it where dying would have NO effect.

So Minus 1 for me.
Not much a fan of people having the get out of jail free card, that this would essentially give them. Just because you're dying/dead, doesn't mean your RP ended.

Revive was reworked, and there is even a chance of having a living child while dead with a living mate. If people could just slap out a kid when about to die/dying, on any race, it'd kill RP going to the AL.

Besides, chilling the in AL gives people time to cool off or fester on about dying. It gives them reason and motive to do more stuff on that char, or some downtime before moving onto their next one. Be it gen 1 and starting from nothing again, your own(likely dead) gen 2, or playing as a friends kid.

Typically whenever I die, if I'm feeling a bit burnt out, I just play something else for a break, then come back and continue on or move onto a new char.