ID:2547961

Resolved
Regression: the locs list for movables was incorrect.
BYOND Version:513.1512
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 78.0.3904.99
Applies to:Dream Daemon

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
The 'locs' bugfix applied in 513.1512 appears to generate locs incorrectly. For every atom movable, the only entry in 'locs' is itself. That probably isn't right. This is for movables just sitting on a turf.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
Create any movable on a turf. Look at the locs, it contains only a reference to the movable itself.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
Unnecessary, easy to reproduce.

Expected Results:
locs should contain a list of turfs covered by the object's sprite as the reference says.

Actual Results:
locs contains NONE of the turfs covered by the object's sprite and instead contains the object itself.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
513.1511 and earlier.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? 513.1511 and earlier work fine.

Workarounds:
Use an earlier version.
Ah, shoot. I see where this went wrong. It'll be a priority fix.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Regression: the locs list for movables was incorrect.
Descriptive Problem Summary: The new update 513.1512 has completely broken the ability to interact with objects (i.e. picking up, click + drag interactions) for me and both of my friends who have updated to it. I haven't tested this on every codebase but it is definitely the case when locally hosting cev-eris and citadel tg.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: 1. Download the new beta branch 153.1512.
2. Run a codebase (i.e. https://github.com/discordia-space/CEV-Eris) through Dream Daemon.
3. Whimper and cry as you cannot interact with the world ;w;

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem: No errors showing in server log.

Expected Results: I can interact with the world.

Actual Results: I can't interact with the world.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time I've tried so far.
In other games? ???
In other user accounts? Yes because two of my friends have the same issue.
On other computers? Yes as stated above, they are on different computers in different countries. They are running Windows 10, also, while I'm on 7.

When does the problem NOT occur? When running earlier versions, see below.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? I had no issues of this nature whatsoever in the previous beta version 513.1511 so it's definitely this update.

Workarounds: Use the stable branch, but then you miss out on 513 functionality which a lot of servers are using now.

In response to Mulligan24
This is because the Adjacent() proc that those codebases use relies on 'locs', and that's not working at the moment: http://www.byond.com/forum/post/2547961

Use 513.1511