ID:2549576

For those of you who felt you were sleeping too well, I have good news.

Last weekend I released BYOND 513.1513 because there were a couple of regressions in 1512. As it turned out, my first shot at 1513 had a showstopper bug that didn't show up in my tests, so I had to pull it and re-release. Good times. Bad as the Friday curse can be, Saturdays can be worse. But since then it's been pretty good.

I've been mostly in bug-fix mode this week: minor bugs, but annoying ones, in some cases stretching back a long, long time. In fact one was about the fact that you can't use the escape key to close an input() box even if it allows null, and I have a feeling I may have reported the same issue in days of yore. There's also been a crasher in pick() for ages that was basically impossible to diagnose, and I had to fix it more or less by flailing.

Still some new features made it in. NSBR pointed out that the new outline filter flags don't apply to CSS, even though -dm-text-outline in maptext is exactly where these would be used the most, so I've updated the syntax for that attribute. (While I was at it, I did a little cleanup on the DM-CSS parser in general.) I also added a long-overdue extension to num2text() and text2num() to allow conversion with bases other than 10.

At the moment I'm still putting finishing touches on the skin editor update. I realized late in the process it would benefit a ton from context-sensitive help, which ended up sending me on an adventure through the near-complete lack of adequate documentation from Microsoft on the subject. I finally managed to figure enough out through monitoring window messages that I could move forward, so I should be able to work out the rest of that today.

If you haven't tossed a few coins to your coder to support BYOND, please dig deep in the couch; the support of our Members, donors, and Patrons is everything. Thanks to all of you who've helped keep the lights on.

With the short weekend ahead, get yourselves rested up because Sunday and Monday are gonna suck. But once the transition is over I do enjoy daylight savings time, if only because it's a way I can actually see the sun on my schedule. And it means spring is around the corner; maybe we'll even get it before June this year, if Phil is to be believed.
U. SUCK.
BOOOO
Keep up the good work.