ID:2551371

Resolved
BYOND Version:513.1513
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 80.0.3987.132
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Selecting the splitter color after supplying child id names will cause the values in the left/right child id inputs to vanish.

1. Add child control
2. Edit child control
3. Navigation to options tab
4. Provide names for left and right
5. Click the splitter color icon.
6. Select a color and click OK

Result:
Values in left/right input fields are gone.

Notes:
If you specify the values and then navigate away and then back to edit the splitter color, the values are retained.

If you edit existing values in those fields following the same repro steps, the same problem occurs. In the edit case, a user is more likely to not notice their revision which can lead to confusion and frustration down the road when things aren't working as expected.
I was about to report this myself, like literally just now. Confirmed :)

This actually happens in a few places with other elements too, the "fill window" button will reset any values you haven't saved since opening the window as well.
This is likely to go away with the skin editor update.
I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little afraid of what this "skin editor update" is going to bring or change. Do I get to look forward to a seamless transition with wonderful updates or is it going to be a re-learning and re-working fiasco?
It won't look a lot different. It's basically just the different property editing tabs are being changed to act in a more general way.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
It won't look a lot different. It's basically just the different property editing tabs are being changed to act in a more general way.

Cool.
Lummox JR resolved issue