Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2553711

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I had these ideas just now and wanted to note them down somewhere. Maybe some will like them, maybe some will hate them because it wasn't in DBG. Regardless, I just want you all to know that I hate you, so feel free to hate me too.

Ponds: Water tiles where you can gather Pond Water just like sea water. Available on Heaven, Earth and Namek and perhaps other places where it'd make sense for them to be there.

Pond Water: For the lazy(and reckless) people. Recovers 10% less thirst than water acquired by Water Purified. Can be purified into normal Water, if necessary. Can cause Gut Worms and Muscle Parasites.

Medicine: Self-Explanatory. Perhaps make a consumable cure-all that requires a sizeable amount of QP to unlock.

Diseases:
Osteoporosis: Lowers limb health(I do not know if this can be done because im not 100% sure how the limb health system works so don't bash me just yet). 0.1% chance to acquire every month save during decline. Drink Milk to cure. Can be reacquired after being cured but cannot be stacked.

Flu(Temporary): 1% chance to get it every year. Tiredness goes down thrice as fast. Stats weakened due to symptoms(Fever, pain, headache, etc), quantity up to debate. I'd suggest -10% to all stats. Can be cured with Medicine made by Techies but goes away by itself in 1-3 month saves.

Gut worms: Hunger and thirst drop twice as fast. Acquired by drinking Pond Water or eating Raw Meat. Could also be acquired from salt water but I don't know if parasites like salt water?? Cured by Medicine.

Muscle parasites: Same as Gut Worms but lowers physical stats instead.

Heart Virus: Low chance to acquire if you spend too long online without RPing. Cured by a special Heart Medicine that requires much more QP to unlock than common Medicine. Hehe.

Tbh Idk how the heal skill should interact with diseases. :(

Thats all I can think of. Thanks for reading, I mostly wrote this for fun and I do not except it to be put into the game. I appreciate any criticism as long as its not too rude. Also, sorry for the grammar im not gonna proofread this shit its 3 am

While I'm not saying I disagree or agree with your suggestion. I do want to say, I love the idea of Diseases being totally separate to Mutations. I just don't know if I would use these specific diseases in mind. I do wanna say though, Diseases shouldn't be through players doing normal actions of the game. (I.E Getting Wall Aids because you broke a wall too many times)

The only suggestion I entirely disagree on this list would be "Heart Virus: Low chance to acquire if you spend too long online without RPing. Cured by a special Heart Medicine that requires much more QP to unlock than common Medicine. Hehe." I feel like the requirements to get this is too far broad and punishing to people who don't have other people to interact with, going for ranks that require Isolation, or playing a character that tends to be more isolated from everybody else.

"Osteoporosis: Lowers limb health(I do not know if this can be done because im not 100% sure how the limb health system works so don't bash me just yet). 0.1% chance to acquire every month save during decline. Drink Milk to cure. Can be reacquired after being cured but cannot be stacked." This should be a mutation, not a disease. But we already have this as a sort of mutation in the -15/-30% Endurance mutation.

If I was to include a heart disease in a "disease suggestion" I'd make it a super duper low chance of getting it upon first landing on a planet. Think like going to a new country and your body not used to the natural bacteria on a planet, and thus you'd get it, and lets say 5 years time with no medical intervention, you roll a chance to die. The older you are, the bigger the chance.

Regarding how Heal should interact with diseases, it should be a universal cure all full stop. It shouldn't be able to change genetics, but diseases aren't genetics, they are temporary changes to a character, and such I can see heal being a thing that can just full stop render a disease useless.

I like the central idea that you have, of having diseases being something that can occur sort of naturally through a character's life, probably at random after doing something random. I just don't think I agree with the diseases listed out here.
Ponds, and Pond water feel like they're trying to fill a niche where there isn't one to be made. It only takes a few minutes to get the minerals to make a purifier, so either it wouldn't be used or would be a direct replacement for water entirely.
Medicine would have to be expensive as all hell if it were to be a cure-all. i.e: For every % it costs x of each resource.

Adding the Flu seems like it's just there for random flavor. Which I guess wouldn't be bad, but I could see it just being a pain in the ass for people who had other ideas on what they were going to do with their time.

Gut worms and Parasites would be entirely avoidable, and I feel like people wouldn't even realize they were there until a new player started asking questions about it after getting them.

A heart virus would be nice for being true to show, but it would feel like you've been given the middle finger, if you got it. Adding something that causes the death of a character for no apparent reason other than: A) Random chance, or B) some arbitrary variable; would definitely get on people's nerves real quick as soon as someone loses their 3rd gen to literal RNG.
In response to ItsMisk
Mmm the more I think about it. The more I realize that perhaps there just shouldn't be a heart virus in the game. Because like you said, sure it'd be nice to have, but having something that is just plain RNG that happens and it just takes your character out to be something kind of stupid. Yeah I'm sorry CrazedSwordGod I think I'll just have to say Diseases just kind of wouldn't work.
I agree 100% with misk
I understand where you're all coming from and I thank you for taking the time to reply to my suggestion.

I have to admit that I didn't really think it through enough since balancing it around the game(that hasn't even come out yet) would take quite a bit of effort with little to no reward.

Anyways, are Wall Diseases and shit from DBG in Genesis too? I always thought they were there just because Liens was an asshole and they didn't contribute to anything other than to make people remake over a -3% of a certain stat lol
I don't think those should be in the game at all
This is way too much and it way too harsh on newer players, and this is coming from a guy who regularly tells noobs that you get training gains from swimming. And getting a disease from not RPing? Did you ever play DBG at all? There are long periods between roleplaying portions, and heaven forbid you play a lesser-popular race.

The bone disease completely fucks Namekians, because they physically cannot drink milk to cure it. -1, scrap the whole idea. Diseases were really only introduced by Liens to try and combat perceived 'exploits' in his own, assholish way.