ID:2555319

Resolved
Transforms in parallel animations could produce incorrect results.
BYOND Version:513.1517
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Animating both transform and filters of a layered plane causes glitches and memory leak.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
PMing a test case.
This is probably gonna be a very difficult issue to fix, like Nadrew's bug, but off the bat I'm not seeing any memory leak. Glitches out the wazoo, yes, but no leak.

Is there any chance you can walk me through the demo to explain what's going on? I'm at a loss as to what you're actually trying to do. Without better grounding in what the demo's trying to accomplish and which pieces are which, I don't think there's any hope of me puzzling out the pieces.
Ah, sure. PMed an improved version.
I'm still not seeing a memory leak, but I was able to isolate the problem with transforms. Turns out that had nothing to do with filters and everything to do with parallel animations. I'm not sure this fix is 100% but it's at least working in this test case.

On memory I saw the amount go up slightly. In some tests it stayed very stable, and in others it crept up very slowly but I think it would have stabilized. To be sure there was nothing like a filter leak, I kept a running total of filters but it did not show any upward creep. Although I suppose it's possible there'd be something involving the render target/source info, I highly doubt it. At any rate I would need a more concrete test to show a leak.

One thing I can suggest, although it doesn't change the fact that there's a bug, is that you don't need the layer filter at all for this. You could simply have objects on the composite plane that use the plane masters as render sources.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Transforms in parallel animations could produce incorrect results.