ID:2560346

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Recently I've taken it upon myself to implement a workable MMORPG-styled chat bar using ForumAccount's HudGroup library (with draggable chat slider etc...).

While I was successful, I did notice a slight caveat which bothered me a little:
MouseDrag() only procs while the cursor is on the object and randomly otherwise (as opposed to proc-ing when the mouse moves while holding left-click).

The solution I used to counter this is to manipulate the position of the screen object to always be under the mouse cursor with x/y position adjustments while the drag is ongoing (but it gets quite messy and it's only around 98% successful).

Is this intentional, or can it be improved in a future update?
Normally, MouseDrag is only called when which object under the mouse changes. You can force updates within the same objects by defining an override for MouseMove anywhere.
Oddly, defining MouseMove() on the object itself (no extra code, just the definition), completely fixed the issue I was having -_-
In response to Hishido
That's because defining MouseMove() sets a flag that tells the client you want extra mouse info.
It should be noted that it does increase the overall overhead of your game, so only do so if you absolutely need it.
I found a different approach to using MouseMove by determining the Y delta using screen loc parameter sent by MouseDrag. Thanks! You can close this request :)