ID:25656

The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion, developed by Bethesda, is recieving yet another expansion pack in the following weeks. Entitled "Shivering Isles", the expansion pack offers an insane amount of new content. The Shivering Isles expansion pack opens up a brand new plane in the fields of Oblivion. Oblivion is a completly different world, for those of you who don't know, goverened by the Daedrics. Each god owning their own plane of Oblivion.

The Plane of Oblivion shown via the games Oblivion Gates, belong to the Daedric God of Destruction. This time around, however, the realm of Oblivion takes on a new form. The entrance to this new realm is located in the middle of Niben Bay, near Bravil. The portal takes the form of a large stone carving of two faces, fusing into a brand new one.

The Shivering Isles expansion pack, as I stated above, adds Alot of new content, and here are some of the details.

• 25% Map increase- The game itself was freakishly huge. Well, how about adding an Extra 25% onto the map? The Realm of Madness does just that. Pull up that map, and imagine cutting out one fourth of it.
  • 9,500+ new lines of Dialogue
  • 25-40 hours of gameplay, when following the main quest itself. Double that, if you want to do all of the Side Quests, and explore all of the dungeons, etc.
  • 10 brand new species of enemies. These enemies are insane looking, judging by their concept images in this book.
  • Brand new sets of armor to collect. I'm unsure as to how many, but the developer specified that there was more than one.
  • Brand new weapons. Though I'm unsure as to what the weapons are, I do know of one. The "Dawnfang" is the first weapon which can be Leveled Up.
  • Brand new plants and other alchemical essentials. The new realm offers over 40 new alchemy related items for you to pick up and mix with the old.
  • Brand new spells. This should explain itself. The realm introduces new types of spells, which aren't in the current game.
  • 2 new cities, aswell as one new town.

• I won't spoil anything else for you, but this expansion will be a must get for Oblivion owners. The new realm looks both amazing, and crazy at the same time.
This makes downloading Oblivion even harder. >:(
Oblivion is one of those games that you have to buy -- it's priced very low for the amount of gameplay and fun you'll get for it, and I bought the collector's edition which was C$79.99, which is saying a lot about how much fun you'll get! If you don't buy it, you have no business playing it.

Unless, of course, you're talking about buying via Direct2Drive, which I believe is an available option.

As for the official plugins and expansions, however, Bethesda is a whore. I haven't paid a dime for any of their plugins as of late because it's the same kind of stuff that the mod community can make, yet they're charging US$3 a pop for the simplest ones and US$5 a pop for the bigger ones.

I'm steering clear of the expansions until I see actual reviews that aren't written by someone wearing an "I <3 BETHSOFT" t-shirt.
I cant wait. Sounds awesome. This will be the first downloadable content I will buy.