Descriptive Problem Summary:
When using a render target starting with * with a plane master and a holder screen object to render to, mouse click hitboxes are not carried over.
I'm admittedly not sure if this is even potentially a bug, or just a thing with how visuals are supposed to work that I'm overlooking.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Set an object to a specific plane
2. Put an object with the same plane set to appearance_flags = PLANE_MASTER in your client.screen, making sure screen loc is something valid so it actually shows
3. Have the plane master have a render target beginning in *, like *TEST
4. Have another object in your client.screen with any plane that isn't the same as the plane master (and probably higher than the first object) with the same string as a render source
5. You can see the first object but you can't click on it, nor will dreamseeker show the name of the object at the bottom left when you mouse over it.
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
(mouse over the objects in the testcase, then add plane masters, and notice how it can't be moused over anymore.)
Objects will have the proper mouse hit detection hitboxes that match their actual visual positions
Objects do not have mouse hit detection at all
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Always
In other games?
In other user accounts? Not tested
On other computers? Not tested
When does the problem NOT occur?
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
This is the first time I've attempted to use render targets/render sources, so not sure.
May 8, 10:37 am (Edited on May 9, 5:51 pm)