Genesis

by UnknownHobbit
This is a roleplaying game inspired by Generations.
ID:2572538

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Very simple suggestion, Diving the rating gained by like 1,000 but multiply its effects by 1,000. This way if you had 1,000 rating, it functions as if it's 1,000,000, except took just as long to get it.

The reason for this is simple: I literally just want the number to be smaller in the early wipe. It's very weird to see your kg just hitting the thousands and then seeing your rating is already like 900,000, i like the contrast of small numbers.

Now i don't actually know how hard this would be to implement, I'd imagine it being very simple (Taking like 2 seconds max given hobbit's skill), But I am by no means an expert so some input from hobbit or the smarticles in the community can chime in.
I'm okay with that

:(
+1
Eeeeeeeh.... I've sat here for a while and mulled this over.

Would I like to see it? Yes. But would I want to see it right now? No.

I want to have one normal wipe without really changing much, then we can see the effect of the rating squish. Cause mind you, other things like Move level and PP gain would need to be adjusted as well to fit with the rating squish suggestion.

Edit: I'm going to resend my +1 and make it into a neutral/undecided. I want to see what the rest of the community at large feels before I make a decision.

Edit2: I support a partial rating squish. Not to the extent of the original idea of 1000x, but to the extent of 10x. Divide the current rating by ten, and adjust things like PPs and what not to compensate.
I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. I can see why you would want to have a smaller number, but I feel like it might be important to keep some significant figures.

If it were to be considered, I would prefer the 1'000'000 be reduced to 10'000 as it would still give a decent overview on a tick by tick basis, and provide the reduction in overall size.

I don't see this as a real necessity, or priority all things considered.
-1 Korean MMOs rule
This one is iffy, but I don't mind it? Shrinking numbers down doesn't hurt much and would only be a couple 0s taken out in code I believe.

As long as exponents aren't showing up, I feel things are fine though. It's kind of a small thing that could be played with to throw people off of their DBG references for mating at x rating.
New idea to achieve the goal of this without losing too many significant figures in the process.

After certain milestones in the number, display it with a unit on the side to reference the number.
i.e: 1 million = 1000K, 1 billion = 1000M, 1 trillion = 1000B

This alleviates the issue of having numbers reach scales that are hard to imagine at higher ratings, while still allowing for people at lower ratings to have a good sense of progress.
In response to ItsMisk
Well i like to see my number written all the way out cause it feels good. The issue isn't how big it gets, the issue is that it gets big from the get-go. 1 million is a massive number that people forgot i guess over years of playing DBG.
-1 homie

I get a boner when I see big rating, and playing dbg for such a long time, rating was it's unique factors. Taking that away/changing it will kill the vibe.