ID:2573379

BYOND Version:1513.1522
Operating System:Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 81.0.4044.138
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
2 things that I'm not entirely sure are bugs:
1 -
When client control_freak is set to CONTROL_FREAK_MACROS or CONTROL_FREAK_ALL (so any value that would disable clientside macros), keyboard text input (alphanumeric and symbol keys and backspace/space/enter) goes to the default input. However, if client control_freak is ever set to a value that would allow macros, this stops working, instead requiring focus on the input skin element to input there.
The same happens if you have ANY defined as a macro with clientside macros disallowed, however, I personally would expect that because it can be assumed that the code is going to handle it, however, in my case, there were no ANY macros when it stopped working.
Furthermore, if you re-disable macros with a variable set, it disables clientside macros, yes, but said functionality for input passthrough from map to input stays disabled until the client reconnects (and only if clientside macros via control freak are defaulted to disabled for client var definitions)

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
For control freak macros:
1. have a skin with map and input elements
2. have client control freak defaulted to CONTROL_FREAK_MACROS or CONTROL_FREAK_ALL
3. click on the map to focus it and type
4. notice how input goes to input bar
5. set control freak to 0 or otherwise allow clientside macros in runtime without reconnecting
6. click on map to focus and type
7. notice how input is no longer going to input bar
8. set control freak to something that disables macros and verify custom macros are indeed disabled
9. click on map to focus and type
10. notice how input is still not going to input bar

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
Honestly just here to see if this is intended and how intended it is, because I can imagine why disabling input passthrough when client macros is enabled is a good idea (if someone is typing, will certain keys just not work because they bound it? it'd be weird, right?)

However, when control freak is switched back to disabling macros, I expected the input "passthrough" to work again

Actual Results:

It didn't.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Every time
In other games?
Untested
In other user accounts?
Untested
On other computers?
Untested

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
No clue

Workarounds:
Keep control freak on or handle keypresses in code instead