ID:2577933

I use a macro on a game to click on mobs.

What I currently use is .click "name_of_the_mob" and it works, but since the mob name changes, I have to constantly change the macro for it to work.

Is there a way to make this macro generic and click the nearest mob?
Or perhaps behave like any other mob selector, trying to use on a nearby mob, if there are multiple, open the mob selector box.

Thank you

Your question is about setting up macros as a player in a game? I don't think there is currently a way to tell a macro to use the nearest mob.

This is the developer help forum.
If you aren't a developer of this game, then you're in the wrong place, but this might be worth a feature request:
Implement a separate verb to select the nearest mob. Players could bind macros to this verb specifically.

Finding the nearest mob in the game is easy in the game's code, but clients don't run the game's code.
Sorry I am in the wrong place, saw a similar question in here and thought it was the place. Yes, I am a player setting up a macro in client. I wanted to do a macro exactly like sending commands which requires a mob. If there's 1 nearby, it will proc the command on it, and if there's more than one, it would open up the mob selector window. I can do this easily by just not specifying anything, but I couldn't find a way to achieve same results with .click
You could try to make a script for that, but there's no built in way to "auto fill" a macro in game