ID:257803

here...and I was thinking about entering this time.

Here's my entry:

Anybody see any problems I can fix?

BTW, if you haven't been there, it's also a great place for feedback.
I really like the alien. :) The ship is quite good as well, but there is something about the cockpit area I don't like. Maybe try and push the captains chair back into the ship a few pixels. Darken it up a little so it looks a bit more recessed. I don't know, I'm not quite sure what it is. I like the curved glass a lot. Very nice. :)
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
The ship is quite good as well, but there is something about the cockpit area I don't like. Maybe try and push the captains chair back into the ship a few pixels. Darken it up a little so it looks a bit more recessed. I don't know, I'm not quite sure what it is.

I think you're right. It looks like the alien moved the seat all the way up to grab some old french fries from the back...
I'll try moving it back. May darken it a bit, too. I don't think the lighting consistent in there and that may be what's wrong.

Very nice. :)
Thanks!
In response to Flick

Any better on the cockpit?
Also worked on the anit-aliasing in the shadow on the ground.
I've been told you can't tell what the alien's holding...I'm not so sure that's a bad thing, since I want people to think about it / imagine. What's everyone think?
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
Yeah, thats a bit better. And I've got no trouble figuring out what he/she is holding, assuming its binoculars. :P
In response to Flick
Wow TMDI, that looks amazing. I really, really like the glass cockpit windshield. It looks great, and the colors are look great together. I have found that picking a good palette is one of the hardest things to do for me.

Is there a trick you use to know what shades look good together involving the RGB, hue or saturation?

Just wondering. Anyway, keep it up.
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
Great job on the detail of the ship.

I like the abstractness of what the alien is holding, though it does seem like a pair of binoculars (which fits the picture, an Alien scouting an unknown planet).