ID:257849

http://members.byond.com/ TheMonkeyDidIt?command=view_post&post=32972

It's a screenshot with a bunch of half-finished stuff inside from my current project/thingamabob. Anyhoo- there's some pixel art in there (some of which I definitely could have spent more time on) and it's from a game...that's unfinished. That counts as a work in progress, right?

So: thoughts, feelings, suggestions, ruminations, or haiku?
It looks amazing so far for being unfinished.

I really like the city, which leads me to ask is this going to be a Civilization-like game where you build cities, and they grow?

Anyways I think you could add some turfs into next to the mountains that helps them gradually go into flat land, like hills or something. Mountains just don't randomly jut out like that. Can't think of anything else right now since it's unfinished.
In response to Maggeh
Maggeh wrote:
I really like the city, which leads me to ask is this going to be a Civilization-like game where you build cities, and they grow?

That's part of the plan, really I hope that you'll be able to do both the civ population growth (with no zoom to city map, tho) and a Caesar style provide-the-amenities-and-the-city-attracts-people kinda thing. The main thing I'm going for is flexibility of the engine right now.

Anyways I think you could add some turfs into next to the mountains that helps them gradually go into flat land, like hills or something. Mountains just don't randomly jut out like that. Can't think of anything else right now since it's unfinished.

Too true. I do need to add some hills. I'm also thinking of some sort of autojoining thing in there. So much to do...

I'll also hafta go back and rework these sprites and tiles with alpha channel anti-aliasing! ARG!
is this Byond if so Nice and xD why is the guy bigger than everything in the map is he a giant or something
In response to Nidaime Hokage
Yeah, Monkey did that with byond.

The type of game monkey is making (I'm presuming it's turn based), is set up sort of like a chess board. You move your people on a grid a certain amount of times each turn.

If monkey were to make them the correct scale, it would be either impossible to see the units, or the board pieces would be absolutely massive.

Google: Civilization 3 to get an idea on the style he's doing it in.
In response to Maggeh
Yes!
(you pretty much said everything I wouldv'e)
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
Tryin ta work up another tileset (because I like fiddling wit the instant gratification stuff, dontcha know):

WARNING: NPA!
'And the warrior rose from the deeps of lava, armor and skin attached, he storms through the pits of death onward with his journey.'
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
'And the warrior rose from the deeps of lava, armor and skin attached, he storms through the pits of death onward with his journey.'

Actually, his name is Reginald and he's a 3rd level dentist

<font color=white>Hi there, Nidaime. Sometimes it's best just to let things go. Yaknowhatimean? :D</font>

who storms through the pits of death.
Damn it Monkey. I want to play this game now.
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Bakasensei wrote:

Actually, his name is Reginald and he's a 3rd level dentist

who storms through the pits of death.
Is there suppose to be a picture in that white space or what?
In response to Maggeh
Maggeh wrote:

So do I :). Finish it for me? I want it out of my freaaaakin head.
In response to Nidaime Hokage
Nidaime Hokage wrote:
Is there suppose to be a picture in that white space or what?

Wait. You don't see it? Look again.
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Maggeh wrote:

So do I :). Finish it for me? I want it out of my freaaaakin head.

Man, wouldn't that be sweet. I've got a half a billion cool games floating around in my head, but can't actually seem to get any of them finished. If I could just get some other people to finish them for me, I'd be set :P
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Man, wouldn't that be sweet. I've got a half a billion cool games floating around in my head, but can't actually seem to get any of them finished. If I could just get some other people to finish them for me, I'd be set :P

Hey, I offered, Mothertrucker :)

But ya, if this ever gets to the 'greek-letter-before-alpha' stage, youse guys will be the first I'll ask to test. :)
Now i see a secret message you wrote Lol. Anyway if this game ever comes live count me in to be a tester.
for realsies you mean it? if you DO, you have to throw in a cowboy, you know this yes? ;)