ID:257877

If you want C&C without posting your work as an entry yet, use this thread. Deadline is 9/14. This thread will be heavily moderated.

Post your completed entries for the logo contest in the showroom thread.
Good lucks!

Ok now i got an idea how to do it let me know what you think

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This one was more colorful. I got the idea after spilling my paint all over my paper.

Note: I do know how to spell beyond its just a cheap pop.

There should also be 32 colors in that art(includes the color shades)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
X-trem/Zerbur
In response to Zerburius
Uh am I missing something or did you forget the "Colors: 32 max (not including transparency)"?
In response to Zenigwolf
Yeah i forgot there for a second. But i remade it i think it looks good now. Also there is transparencies around the brush's. To make it look more of a dawn effect then a pixel art look.

I'm still debating what color I should make the painting palette (which I've turned the byond logo into), and what color the text will be when I put that in. Only have 10 colors left.
My 'WIP'.

I've already completed mine...I'm not sure I'll post it until the last day though, I'd rather not show it in case someone steals my idea =)

[EDIT]
I went ahead and decided to just submit my entry...
http://members.byond.com/PixelArt/forum?id=1702
In response to Robbie Hewitt
I think if anyone copied anyones art Monkey would smite them like a fist of an angry god.

Also good job, your logo is really cool. It's kinda hard to read the text though.
In response to Maggeh
Thanks =)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My logo so far.
In response to Body
Seems too big , the size i think was 180x140 pixels.(for body's entry post)

Also this contest seems like a good idea i might as well throw one in here to for some fun.

Mine
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Also there is someone on byond parading around byond using my name i think it is Zerburius or something. If you see this please contact me @[email protected], send me an e-mail to were he used this when he is finishing posting

~~~~~~~~~~~
X-trem/Zerb <----------

Zerburius being my other user handle for indapndent mmo. This byond user name might be from trickster online or puzzle pirates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
X-tremEdge
In response to X-tremEdge
X-tremEdge wrote:
Seems too big , the size i think was 180x140 pixels.(for body's entry post)

Dang, you're right! And it looses its life when I shrink it down that low. Oh well.
In response to Zenigwolf
Much respect to those entering and working on this. I luvs ya all, ya rotten bastards %D

@Zerb:
It's a great idea. I like the subtitle, too. You may wanna move some of the elements (the three elements: the PAS, the palette and brushes, and the subtitle) around. Play around with their positions.

@Z:
She's right people. 32 colors maximum. Use color ramps (ala Maggeh's work) or your palettes. You can remove the ramps later before submitting.

@Magma:
Cool idea. I think you could easily do it with those colors + 10. Don't forget you can dither (but you knew that). It's not reading as the BYOND logo too much, tho. You put the 'electron streams' in there and move some of the paint dabs around to help. You could also use the dark blue for the palette.

@Xealous:
I like the tagging idea. I never would have guessed you'd use pink! (P. I like the shadow, too. You could add an (blue, black, white) outline of the letters just inside the darker pink outline to make the letters more readable.

@Rob:
Wow! You've got a gift for anatomy and perspective. Really great composition. I agree with others in that the words are hard to read. However, instead of changing the easel, I might find a way to put a larger logo name (like BPAS or PAS or Pixel Art) behind the painter and easel. Easier said than done, tho.

@Boody:
It's good. The colors would work pretty well with the current CSS. Don't scrap the idea just because it's too large. It's a great way to communicate 'pixel'. Simply take that same idea and layout and redo it in the proper size (not just by resizing it with your image editor). Give it a shot (as it stands, it'll be disqualified for being oversize).

@Edge:
Again, really good way to express the 'pixel' idea. Go ahead and see if you can use that general font you've made (which is good) and expand it to the full size of the challenge. Add some color to it too. Maybe make the black a shadow of a second colored version you can put over that.

All the Peoples:
One of the challenge restrictions is that the logo must contain some prop or tool of traditional art (see here), try to incorporate something along those lines or your entry won't work.
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
Two things:
1) I've changed the transparency requirement. If you're unable to figure out PNG transparency or can't save as a transparent GIF, you can leave the background as a single, solid color (that won't count towards the 32) and we'll remove the background later.

2) The requirements. To say 'em again:

"The background must be transparent (or, if you're unable to do a transparency, make it a single solid color so we can make it transparent if it wins).

Canvas: 180x140 pixels.
Colors: 32 max (not including transparency).
Content: Must include art elements mentioned above. Actual painter optional. ;)"
Here's how mine looks like.Haven't icon for ages now XD

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/2814/entryyg3.png

erm anything wrong with it ? :X
@Rob:
Wow! You've got a gift for anatomy and perspective. Really >great composition. I agree with others in that the words are >hard to read. However, instead of changing the easel, I might >find a way to put a larger logo name (like BPAS or PAS or >Pixel Art) behind the painter and easel. Easier said than >done, tho.

Thanks! And if you can give me a more 'detailed' description of what kinda logo name you mean...I can do it. If you could give me a font of some sort to base it on, I could do it much easier. My logo is really 'clean' I don't know what sorta font i can match that 'cleanness'. Any suggestions? (I'm pretty sure i have a couple of colors left to use so I can through in another color, give me a suggestion on that too!)
I'm declaring myself ineligible, but I liked this idea enough to mess with one. Still quite incomplete, but coming along.
In response to Zerburius
Uh-oh. I think somebody stole your pallet graphic... >_>
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
Uh-oh. I think somebody stole your pallet graphic... >_>

What the hell, Zerb!?!
You ripped graphics from 'Art by Dan'...?!?
To add some seasoning on the top, it seems to be an old couple! Ripping off poor defenseless grandparents!
Page: 1 2