ID:2579015

As of yesterday (6/10/2020) I was unable to host games on my computer. I get the message "Byond Hub reports 2005 can be reached by player."

When I try to connect to it using the byond://ip link it just says connection failed.

This happened when I updated to byond 5.13

I downgraded afterwards to 5.12. It still is not working. I tried on two different computers. I tried hosting multiple games.

If it doesn't state that connecting failed i get a message stating this

"Dream Seeker may be experiencing a problem reachin byond.com
If you r game does not start please check your firewall and anti virus setting to be sure byond programs are not blocked. "

I do not have firewalls on (Again this is just for my hosting capabilities.) I tried to join/host on a different computer. I tried to get a friend to join. My friend got a white screen is what he told me. Thank you!
A white screen would indicate a problem that has nothing to do with BYOND or the connection, so that's something at your friend's end—probably the firewall or misbehaving antivirus.

Your issue seems to be network-related, although it could be your router. Routers sometimes are configured such that they have trouble when you connect to your own IP address.

Since I assume you have port forwarding set up already, you might want to change the port you use to something much higher. 2005 is in the low range of ports the computer might use for other connections. Years ago I used to host on 2500 but I discovered it's just not a good choice because too many other connections are happening in the background on the system; sometimes it comes into conflict with those.
Thank you for the response. I just tried to swap it over to 5000, I'm still having the same issue. I get the message that the port is open to player still. When it comes to actually connected its a no go. It was working fine yesterday. I'm not sure what may have caused this