ID:257971

Some people wanted to know how i make stand still flames, well here is my shot at explaining it.

Photobucket
Pandora'sSecret wrote:
Some people wanted to know how i make stand still flames, well here is my shot at explaining it.

Nice job!
Pandora'sSecret wrote:

Photobucket

Thanks alot man. I'm going to try this.
In response to Legendary Goku 10
Don't forget about alpha with flames. Works well.
In response to TheMonkeyDidIt
TheMonkeyDidIt wrote:
Don't forget about alpha with flames. Works well.

I recently tried animating some flames, and, well...It's a flippin' bh ta get right.

One of the best examples I've seen lately is this by buloght. Something like twelve frames, but, man, it looks right.
That looks really Good TMDI, how do you find all that stuff xD.. honestly.
Thats an awesome piece is incredible how all of that was pixel art O_O
In response to Pandora'sSecret
Pandora'sSecret wrote:
That looks really Good TMDI, how do you find all that stuff xD.. honestly.

Aw, just check out some of the 'Pixel Art Hall of Fame' on that site (on the lower left of the main page). There's some really amazing stuff on there.
In response to Nidaime Hokage
Nidaime Hokage wrote:
Thats an awesome piece is incredible how all of that was pixel art O_O

Ya, I can't imagine how long something like that would take me.
Pandora'sSecret wrote:

Photobucket

Sorry to "bump" but i felt like i needed to update this ...
I was planning on updating for like a long long while .. but anyways, a result animating the stand still flame

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
That looks more like a small explosion more than a flame.
In response to Bakasensei
it's a burst of flames, however, if i ever were to use this animation
for a continious flame i would use the same principle .. ya know ?
i just would make a base flame at the bottom that would move and use this burst
of flames as to give it direction ..

( my english has gotten sloppy... sorry )
Yeah I get what you mean, kind of like a moltov cocktail breaking. It would be nice to see blue in flames, I don't think i've ever seen that in a 2d game before. And its nice seeing you again ^^
In response to Bakasensei
Thank you for this tutorial ^_^, Though I am going to have to read over it more,
I have been needing to learn how to make flames for a Zanpakuto for my game, as well as know how to do the effects for the Getsuga.

I really appreciate your time and effort in lending us more knowledge of pixel art. ;D
In response to ShadowiceTeam
ShadowiceTeam wrote:
Thank you for this tutorial ^_^, Though I am going to have to read over it more,
I have been needing to learn how to make flames for a Zanpakuto for my game, as well as know how to do the effects for the Getsuga.

I really appreciate your time and effort in lending us more knowledge of pixel art. ;D

Thank you !