ID:257992

well this is what the image is ment to be, hildegran from DBZ
what it should look like

my Version, if you could help me out because i feel it still doesnt look right :(
By Evil-D123
thanks for reading.
His top shoulders need to jut out more. The purple in general isn't growths to his skin make them more fluent. His torso goes from wide at the top to tiny at the bottom. Your colors don't contrastenough, the trasnlucent wings are too big, and his legs are out too far. Sorry for sounding harsh, that's what i saw.
In response to Mr.Tophat
**Edit**
ok cool...
Yours-
By Evil-D123
Mine -

I did some reshaping, tell me what you think about it. I only touched his legs and torso using MS paint. I think it makes him look fairly more proportionate, the parts i touched at least. I still think the legs could be brought more in, the wings angled downward, and the arms reworked.
In response to Mr.Tophat
Mr.Tophat wrote:
Yours-
By Evil-D123
Mine -

I did some reshaping, tell me what you think about it. I only touched his legs and torso using MS paint. I think it makes him look fairly more proportionate, the parts i touched at least. I still think the legs could be brought more in, the wings angled downward, and the arms reworked.

thats pretty awesome.
Photobucket
i made the arms alittle less fat and added a lighter shade.
In response to Evil-D123
Evil-D123 wrote:
Mr.Tophat wrote:
Yours-
By Evil-D123
Mine -

thats pretty awesome.
Photobucket
i made the arms alittle less fat and added a lighter shade.

Nice.
In response to Mr.Tophat
His pose is what looks off, I think.

It looks like he's shrugging, and the hands look almost as if they are pointed toward the air, as if he's going 'I dunno'.

You're going for a more viscous pose, and so, his arms should probably be pointed inward, or you should change the lineart somehow to make it look more menacing. I would suggest changing the pose of the hands, or something along those lines, as well as maybe doing some more defining of the arms, especially at where they bend. As it is, they sort of have a tube like quality, in where they sort of smoothly curve, instead of giving the image of a bend.

In response to SeijiTataki
That's badass.
In response to Evil-D123
Pretty good. try a more Dynamic pose.
In response to SSJ Dark Trunks
its just a normal state.
In response to Evil-D123
Wow, it keeps looking better and better, we're beginning to look like an older pixel site ;p.

Anyway it seems to me you're not satisfied because the image is too flat.

-Try adjusting the contrast (difference in colors). By really making it higher.
-Apply a 3rd shade to everything it'll give it that 3d look.
-Apply elevation/distance to it. (This is what I call the second light source).
What is closest to us is brighter, what is farthest away is darker.
Dark = Depth
Light = Bumps (excuse me for my lack of artist vocabulary, someone please correct all words I've misused or need to know -_-).
Think of a map with mountains.
-Your creature seems to bend forward, you can achieve this effect by following through with the distance crit.

This is just a hint of what I mean, (didn't have enough time to adjust texture to the edit) the foot just shows you how in general by doing this your taking the piece to another level. :

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I would have explained a little more or added some visual hints, but I'm running late with time right now, I'll most likely edit this post later.
In response to Hulio-G
Mmm...This is really making me want to draw up my own Hildegarn now >:D

In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Wow, it keeps looking better and better, we're beginning to look like an older pixel site ;p.

Anyway it seems to me you're not satisfied because the image is too flat.

-Try adjusting the contrast (difference in colors). By really making it higher.
-Apply a 3rd shade to everything it'll give it that 3rd look.
-Apply elevation/distance to it. (This is what I call the second light source).
What is closest to us is brighter, what is farthest away is darker.
Dark = Depth
Light = Bumps (excuse me for my lack of artist vocabulary, someone please correct all words I've misused or need to know -_-).
Think of a map with mountains.
-Your creature seems to bend forward, you can achieve this effect by following through with the distance crit.

This is just a hint of what I mean, (didn't have enough time to adjust texture to the edit) the foot just shows you how in general by doing this your taking the piece to another level. :

I would have explained a little more or added some visual hints, but I'm running late with time right now, I'll most likely edit this post later.

Really nice edit, you sexified his icon. XD
In response to Hulio-G
You know - looking at Hulio's edit... it looks like this poor fellow is in some desperate need for suppositories. The leg and arm position shows his desperate struggle to force it out, all the while the emotion flowing from his face further goes to enhance this epic struggle.

Anyways my suggestions: It looks flat, work with the colors to give it a more 3Dish effect (look at Hulio's post for details), more contrast between shades, a less static positioning of his body parts- different positions of the legs possibly? After all it looks like he's desperately trying to drop number two.
In response to Maggeh
Honestly that's what they look like in the show when they are powering up.

Behold. He crapped so hard his hair turned gold.
In response to Mr.Tophat
I realize they look like they're taking a dump when powering up, however, is this guy suppose to be powering up? It looks like the sprite is suppose to be a monster sprite that you battle with, and that most it's going to have the movement and attack swinging sprites. If it was DBZ-style powering up, then I wouldn't have mentioned that. :P
Photobucket

I have revised a large degree of the Left side (his right) the biggest thing I want to point out to you is this. Hildegarn has an exoskeleton. So while much of his shape is semi-humonoid, he is not.

Also, as Hulio-G and a few others have pointed out, you need to increase the overall contrast. Also, his lower wings are "see through"

-higher contrast in your palette to give definition to shapes
-pay attention to overall figure

All in all though, it was a great start and I'm definitely looking forward to more of your work
In response to Cryptic
Cryptic wrote:
Also, as Hulio-G and a few others have pointed out, you need to increase the overall contrast. Also, his lower wings are "see through"

All in all though, it was a great start and I'm definitely looking forward to more of your work

Try not to pillow shade, I myself believe thats the worst thing you can do. You can observe a couple techniques of how to avoid this. Just let your lightest shade touch the outline (In the direction in where the light source is coming from).

http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Cryptic wrote:

Try not to pillow shade, I myself believe thats the worst thing you can do. You can observe a couple techniques of how to avoid this. Just let your lightest shade touch the outline (In the direction in where the light source is coming from).

http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html

thanks lot man :D that link helped more then i thought it would o_o
In response to Hulio-G
just as an fyi, I didn't pillow shade :) all I did was use the shading directly from the reference.

that said, I hope all contributions were beneficial to you in some way evild-123
Page: 1 2