ID:258018

Well Im just starting out with pixel art, although Im more into the programming side of things. I've started work on a base icon for my latest game, although I would like some criticism on it. As far as I can see, it looks ok, although I do believe it could be improved on. At the moment I only have the front and back states done, and no animation. I would rather get these done before moving onto other states/directions. C&C please.

~Comz
Dice1989 wrote:
Well Im just starting out with pixel art, although Im more into the programming side of things. I've started work on a base icon for my latest game, although I would like some criticism on it. As far as I can see, it looks ok, although I do believe it could be improved on. At the moment I only have the front and back states done, and no animation. I would rather get these done before moving onto other states/directions. C&C please.

~Comz

Again, pretty accurate upper body for someone who just started.

Long time no see, Post [link], http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/ index.php?topic=6031.0
Persistency at it's best.

Anyway since you want to make it better so badly. Just check out the shading on these pants here, actually check the whole post in general. Post [link]

P.S - "/" These aren't use too often.
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Again, pretty accurate upper body for someone who just started.

Long time no see, Post [link], (lawl) http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/ index.php?topic=6031.0 (double lawl)
Persistency at it's best. (but at least the face doesn't look all buggeyed xD)
A.. that looks nice, your Pritty Good! I hope to see more. (Just make the shading stand out more.)
In response to Cryptic
Indeed that post wasn't me, it seems the base I got given to work from wasn't made by who I thought it was. Although Im quite fond of the icon, I think I will do some work to change it from Syuujin's base.

So again, any comments on how to change it or links to some information on muscle tone in pixel art would be great. I know the muscle tone isn't much right now, but I intend on making it more prominant as the players progresses through the game.

~Comz
In response to Dice1989
Dice1989 wrote:
Indeed that post wasn't me, it seems the base I got given to work from wasn't made by who I thought it was. Although Im quite fond of the icon, I think I will do some work to change it from Syuujin's base.

Either way you still look bad because just like that other guy you failed to give credit to the original owner, this is a forum for art. Who else are they going to think made that icon?
In response to Hulio-G
Hulio-G wrote:
Either way you still look bad because just like that other guy you failed to give credit to the original owner, this is a forum for art. Who else are they going to think made that icon?

When someone tells me not to bother with credits, I don't. I was under the impression that the icon wasn't going to get used, so I used it as a starting point. If that makes me look bad, sobeit.