ID:258038

well i have been trying to create a type of rock cliff, yet it doesnt look to good at the moment, could somebody stear me in the right direction to go from here?
Photobucket

thanks.
Evil-D123 wrote:
well i have been trying to create a type of rock cliff, yet it doesnt look to good at the moment, could somebody stear me in the right direction to go from here?
Photobucket

thanks.

Try rounding them out abit, and making them bigger. It looks like you have too many cluttered together. You also have little spots of one color in the upper and lower left corner that is distorting the flow of the turf, and showing the grid.
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:
Evil-D123 wrote:
Photobucket

thanks.

Try rounding them out abit, and making them bigger. It looks like you have too many cluttered together. You also have little spots of one color in the upper and lower left corner that is distorting the flow of the turf, and showing the grid.

thanks for the help :) ill use them then post back here with how it turns out later.
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:
Evil-D123 wrote:
Photobucket

thanks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

better shape? i no the shading sucks but it beats me on how to make it look good on rocks. i gave a light source kinda like how it was on a tree tutiral i looked at.

Photobucket
In response to Evil-D123
I think the edit is an improvement. The shading is important because the rocks need to look more like they stick out if its a cliff. The first version was too flat in my opinion.
You have some grid problems. You should be able to notice them, such as those big dark lines.

It seems very flat, and looks to be more suited to being a stone floor/wall. Maybe make the rocks bigger and have different depths to them to give it a more rugged look.
In response to Maggeh
Maggeh wrote:
You have some grid problems. You should be able to notice them, such as those big dark lines.

It seems very flat, and looks to be more suited to being a stone floor/wall. Maybe make the rocks bigger and have different depths to them to give it a more rugged look.

that is for this version right?

http://www.byond.com/members/PixelArt/forum?id=4036
In response to Evil-D123
ah no I didn't see that. The rock shapes are a bit better. It's just your shading could be improved. Make some rocks darker than others, and don't have them separated by thick dark lines like that. Cliffs are, contrary to popular believe, solid masses - otherwise they would just fall apart!