ID:258050

Many people who are makeing a dbz game,usually have a problem when it comes to the dome building found in Dragonball Z. Some make them too square, others the wrong perspective. (mainly cus the ref they use) I've been doing alot of DBZ style buildings as of late, and I found I miss one of the most common styles seen in the show. The round window dome type.
I see many who post this type,(Which is why I found I missed it.) but things don't come out as they planned. So I did a house slowly to show how it is done. (At least my way) Im not the best pixel artist in the world but I'll did my part to help those I can.

Anyway....

Step 1: Finding the Base and Outline.
\
The Base is drawn first using an oval. Be sure you make an oval, not a circle, and find the "height" of the perspective. The more circluar the higher the persective, but rememder never a full circle. Next, find the height of the building and make a oval vertically, going down until the base divides it in half. Be sure you don't go too far or the top will be pointy. Once done remove the lines that should not be see to revile the dome shape.

Step 2: Make the Roof.

The roof is done much like the base. Use an oval to do this too. The more circluar the higher the perspective. The oval should never leave the dome and shoud wrap around it like it's part of the building.

Step 3: Make the Door.

The Door Should exstand downward depending on the height of the perspective. The Door top should slightly resemble the farside of the roof oval. Make the walls of the door and the top relative to the perspective.

Step 4: Finding the Windows.

Use the door to find the window level using Ovals again. Still, never leave the dome. Make the Ovals look as if they wrap around the building.

Step 5: Draw the Windows.

Make the window, using ovals, never leaving the inner lines. Remember Ovals not circles. When that is done do the inner side of the windows, this will make them appear more circluar. Also, do this relative to the perspective.
Note: Windows seem to be a problem for most artist too. I did them fast here to save space, but it you need to see how I did it, just post and i will show the rest.

Step 6: Remove the unwanted lines.

Well see..

Step 7: Shade and Color.

Everyone has their own shadeing style, so the their's no real way to do it, just make it look domelike. I made the shade using layers and transparency.

Final step: Remove the Black Outlines.

I can hear LG10 getting on me about Black Outlines so I Removed them and we'er done.

I Hope this was a big help for most of you.

This is good stuff! The perspective on the top part of the 2 on the right side seems a little weird to me (In relation to the bottom), but this is a really good way of going about the dome shape.
Go-jin769 wrote:
Many people who are makeing a dbz game,usually have a problem when it comes to the dome building found in Dragonball Z. Some make them too square, others the wrong perspective. (mainly cus the ref they use) I've been doing alot of DBZ style buildings as of late, and I found I miss one of the most common styles seen in the show. The round window dome type.
I see many who post this type,(Which is why I found I missed it.) but things don't come out as they planned. So I did a house slowly to show how it is done. (At least my way) Im not the best pixel artist in the world but I'll did my part to help those I can.

Anyway....

\
The Base is drawn first using an oval. Be sure you make an oval, not a circle, and find the "height" of the perspective. The more circluar the higher the persective, but rememder never a full circle. Next, find the height of the building and make a oval vertically, going down until the base divides it in half. Be sure you don't go too far or the top will be pointy. Once done remove the lines that should not be see to revile the dome shape.

The roof is done much like the base. Use an oval to do this too. The more circluar the higher the perspective. The oval should never leave the dome and shoud wrap around it like it's part of the building.

The Door Should exstand downward depending on the height of the perspective. The Door top should slightly resemble the farside of the roof oval. Make the walls of the door and the top relative to the perspective.

Use the door to find the window level using Ovals again. Still, never leave the dome. Make the Ovals look as if they wrap around the building.

Make the window, using ovals, never leaving the inner lines. Remember Ovals not circles. When that is done do the inner side of the windows, this will make them appear more circluar. Also, do this relative to the perspective.
Note: Windows seem to be a problem for most artist too. I did them fast here to save space, but it you need to see how I did it, just post and i will show the rest.

Well see..

Everyone has their own shadeing style, so the their's no real way to do it, just make it look domelike. I made the shade using layers and transparency.

I can hear LG10 getting on me about Black Outlines so I Removed them and we'er done.

Make sure you upload your pictures as PNGs, or they will be distorted.
Hmmm it is imposible better re-do the post and upload a .PNG or .GIF file or else it will be imposible
In response to Danny Kenobi
Danny Kenobi wrote:
Hmmm it is imposible better re-do the post and upload a .PNG or .GIF file or else it will be imposible

Ok, I redid it. I dont know what you mean by imposible though
In response to Go-jin769
Hmm when you doesnt upload .PNG or .GIF files the file lose some colors and it looks a bit weird for showing off pixel art if i can see very well the tutorial it will be imposible xD thanks you for fixing now i can see it very well and it worked pretty nice with me o.o
In response to Danny Kenobi
Danny Kenobi wrote:
Hmm when you doesnt upload .PNG or .GIF files the file lose some colors and it looks a bit weird for showing off pixel art if i can see very well the tutorial it will be imposible xD thanks you for fixing now i can see it very well and it worked pretty nice with me o.o

Ohhhhhh. Okay, now i gotcha.
In response to Legendary Goku 10
lol likewise
Go-jin769 wrote:

Anyway....

\

Well see..

I can't see the images :/
In response to Jonny_test_718

That would be why....
note none of your images are showing up
In response to Xavion_Zenovka
Xavion_Zenovka wrote:
note none of your images are showing up

It's an old tutorial, probably outdated images uploaded from Photobucket or something.