ID:258056

So once again i decided to help a friend of mine out. he was clueless on how to make lava, now i am not a pro. and i certainly didn't make this for a game cause i can do a lot better, but he just needed a litle hint towards the right direction.
it took me 15 minutes to make this so don't expect greatness ..

this is for everyone that wants to make a quick tile set.
or a placeholder tile set.

It was toooooooo big to post here.. so a link should do the trick.
For people that have slow internet don't click it it might crash -_- ...
it's freaking huge

Edit by mod: It's never too big to not post stuff here! Also just so you know BYOND forums don't use bbc code.
I'm a newb pixel artist so I ended up with this
lava tut

Looks crappy the way I did it, the way you did it looked cool though :).
In response to Lord-Edox
Good stuff. I think the alpha part witht he rock was unnecessary though, since lava isn't at all transparent, you wouldn't see the bottom part of the rock.
In response to AmonR
Well i didn't mean that the lava should be alpha, i meant like the lava is a source of red / yellow / orange light, that light could be made using ALPHA, but i'd strongly advise people to not use ALPHA cayse it just doesn't look as good as you could solid icon it xd
if you know what i mean.
How about a tutorial on animated lava now?
Well the tutorial said show results so here is what I came up with.

I am very happy with my lava I think it looks great and this tutorial was made well. I also used this tutorial to make my water, I just swapped colors and made the direction towards the right. I also added a nice finish to the water adding in alpha and another layer that moves slightly quicker.

In response to Criss Angel
Criss Angel wrote:
Well the tutorial said show results so here is what I came up with.

I am very happy with my lava I think it looks great and this tutorial was made well. I also used this tutorial to make my water, I just swapped colors and made the direction towards the right. I also added a nice finish to the water adding in alpha and another layer that moves slightly quicker.

if your in a game and your using that for a game, unless its a flowing current it wouldnt be doing that, try taking the web approach to it(using alpha if you really want)

Photobucket (rough example)
but yeh you could even have the water or lava flowing off one part to form another rather then the sea going left all the time and the lava always going down....