Shinobi of Myth

by ScrewyParasite
Shinobi of Myth (SoM/SoL) is a Ninja MMORPG. Set on an expansive map, players can train their characters to match their own unique playing style. Lovingly inspired by Naruto
ID:2582258

Migrated to the Shinobi of Legend here:
https://www.byond.com/games/SaucepanMan/ShinobiOfLegend

To keep up with active news, discussion, and updates please join us on the community discord

https://discord.gg/VwBggZz

This is a game created entirely to continue on from Shinobi of Legend (SoL). The original creator Saucepan Man has long since moved on and I have continued from where he left off. As I do not have access to the original hub I have created this new page.

As a sign of respect for the community and the person who truly deserves it. I have left SPMs final message to the community in the description. Wherever you are, I hope you are Happy and living it how you wanted to.

-Fry

Important 2-part Announcement (5/SEPT/2016) - The Future of SoL and Free Source Code!

Part 1
It's extremely overdue, but I've finally conceded that I (Saucepan Man) don't have time for this project any more :( Nor will I in the future.

It is with a measure of regret, as well as relief that I'm passing this on to long-time host/custodian of SoL - "Mystery".

He currently possesses the source files for SoL, and has access to and control of this hub. There is nothing you as players need to do differently. The significance of this announcement is that hopefully the game will see some updates an progress.

My apologies to any previous/current staff member with whom I didn't discuss this move with. You guys have made SoL an amazing community and have driven the game's progress more than you probably realise. Everyone that appreciates this game owes you all a lot.

In recognition of this, you will retain your staff access/special privileges (subject to the 'direction' of the project. e.g. less reliance on a GM presence).

Part 2
I had tried to make a new project, to be a successor to SoL. But for the same reasons, this new project is being discontinued. The ambition was for it to be a more polished and easier-to-play game. Ideally compatible with a gamepad, without losing the complexity of all the spells, abilities, classes, and character paths.

Instead of letting it go to waste, I've posted it online for all to use, for free. I'm not a coding wizard, so apologies if there are dumb mistakes in it. That being said, it runs well and has a much prettier creation/login screen than SoL ever did (I did spend over 2 weeks on it alone). The controls are simpler, and the spells code is modular - in the sense that you only need to add 'variables' to create a new spell - which makes updating and adding spells super easy compared to other methods. Overall, it would have been a great game, if I had a hyperbolic time chamber to code it in.

Please be aware that, while I'm not a particularly great coder, the code involved is fairly tricky, so I wouldn't recommend it for new coders. Also, I won't be providing a guide on it etc. - You're on your own, sorry!

Here is the link (https://mega.nz/#!g4Y31YJL!ki_LazPbSX71x1RFZYaFhlaYJOAhn0-n0 DCf1NU4q-g)

Download contains any and all assets for it - I'm holding nothing back from you guys. I relinquish all claim to intellectual property to the extent that it exists. Obviously any I.P. claim by FUNimation etc could be a thing. Removing Naruto images and renaming things will more or less free you up to create a for-profit game.

Thanks for everything guys, it was a blast!
- SPM
An old game finally in the right hands, if you're a former Shinobi of Legend player, then this is the place to be!