ID:258479

So recently me and my staff we're practicing some random stuff and we all agreed we should improve on turfs so one of my Pixel Artists made this and im posting it here for him its still a work in progress but i thought maybe you talented people got a better eye to see whats wrong and what could be improved on it i think its a very nice attempt for someone who made totally sucky turfs in the past and followed one tutorial and it came out pretty decent.

W.I.P Grass

Photobucket

CnC?
I could have probably done a better job on it...
In response to Nemanja
Nemanja wrote:

I told you skill comes with time this was only your first succesfull attempt
If you keep practicing you'll get there :)

+ The people here give good advice so just follow them :)
In response to Nemanja
Nemanja wrote:

That's extremely constructive and not at all a completely useless comment.

Son Danny wrote:
CnC?

Only post your own work, not other people's.
In response to AmonR
I asked him to post it for me because the last time i posted my work i got
completly ignored.
It's pretty good actually, it's just repetitive.

I say go for something more simplistic. For example, games like Pokemon or Zelda sometimes use 2-3 colors for grass. The majority of the tile being one simple color with a couple of blades being shown.
In response to Zack101
Zack101 wrote:
It's pretty good actually, it's just repetitive.

I say go for something more simplistic. For example, games like Pokemon or Zelda sometimes use 2-3 colors for grass. The majority of the tile being one simple color with a couple of blades being shown.

I guess your right, i took the liberty of joining the Hidden Wind Clan recently to study some of their turfs the grass from the actual Naruto GBA games are a good example of what your trying to say those we're 2-3 colors aswell and we're beautyfull for the eyes not to hard and not to soft and they blended in nicely into their world (THWC) but anyway i'll try and see what i can do hopefully me and the rest of my time will get used to doing better work than ever :)

Thanks for your time

anymore CnC?
In response to Son Danny
I know that tutorial, but you might wanna change it up a bit, I've never personally seen grass grow that perfectly, cept at my favorite sports stadium. =P
In response to Son Danny
Grass tutorials are often odd, and quite metaphysical, they give you very direct instructions with no way to really fulfil them.
The best thing I find is to find your own style, I actually got how I do grass from just looking at various games, how I do my grass takes root from pokemon, since it's so pure and easy to follow, how they did it.

The other thing is that grass isn't flat, that COULD be a carpet, or could be rather uniform-box-like grass.

Try and give it dimentions, give one blade of grass different shades, than the others, but try not to go over-board pixeling isn't about realism, because then BYOND would be like playing a variety of Phillip CD games, and that = Youtube poop.
I kid, just try and give the grass a little bit less uniformity, and some more dimentions.
But most of all try out other styles, and other tutorials, there are alot out there.