ID:258493

Okay, after having gone through a tutorial on anti-aliasing I have figured out how people make their pixel art look so great. Here is my new base icon with inspiration from the Dragonball Online II battle system teaser and from Naruto GOA. Took me about an hour to make this and it is completely from scratch using the video and Naruto GOA references. The icon uses heavy Anti-Aliasing and I'm really proud of my work. I might even make a tutorial if I get positive feedback on it. I am trying to make the best base possible. A base that looks really great and players would think looks awesome.

Here it is:
Photobucket

Now I have three questions for you guys.

1. Do you like the way that the hands look? You know, with the lines and circle-ish looking hands.
2. Between the body, and the hands, there is a brown square being formed from the outlines of the arms, and the side of the body. How would I reduce/remove that black box but still have a nice shape for the body/arms?
3. Do you like the base? Is there anything I can improve upon?
4. Out of a scale of 1-5 what would you rate the base?
5. Would you mind playing as the base in a Dragonball game?
Forerunnerz wrote:
Okay, after having gone through a tutorial on anti-aliasing I have figured out how people make their pixel art look so great. Here is my new base icon with inspiration from the Dragonball Online II battle system teaser and from Naruto GOA. Took me about an hour to make this and it is completely from scratch using the video and Naruto GOA references. The icon uses heavy Anti-Aliasing and I'm really proud of my work. I might even make a tutorial if I get positive feedback on it. I am trying to make the best base possible. A base that looks really great and players would think looks awesome.

Here it is:
Photobucket

Now I have three questions for you guys.

1. Do you like the way that the hands look? You know, with the lines and circle-ish looking hands.
2. Between the body, and the hands, there is a brown square being formed from the outlines of the arms, and the side of the body. How would I reduce/remove that black box but still have a nice shape for the body/arms?
3. Do you like the base? Is there anything I can improve upon?
4. Out of a scale of 1-5 what would you rate the base?
5. Would you mind playing as the base in a Dragonball game?
You sure did a great job Fore, i'd give it a 4. Only thing you could add in my mind is more muscles. Anyhow nice job!
In response to DarrylX
DarrylX wrote:
You sure did a great job Fore, i'd give it a 4. Only thing you could add in my mind is more muscles. Anyhow nice job!

Thanks a lot :). Spent 2 more hours working on the sideways movement and it looks great. I may work on more muscles if it doesn't make the icon messy. Thanks for the positive feed. :").
In response to Forerunnerz
Quick edit! This is what i've got after working 2 mins on it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
In response to Lil-Diamond
Lil-Diamond wrote:

Wow, that's a really buffed base. xD
@ Fore: Anyways, here's my go at it.
You had too many shades, and little contrast. I used a different pallete, I made the head a bit bigger I believe. And added more contrast.
Photobucket

Also, I don't think that it was necessary to make another topic about it.
In response to Jordan11
Jordan11 wrote:
Lil-Diamond wrote:

You had too many shades, and little contrast. I used a different pallete, I made the head a bit bigger I believe. And added more contrast.
Photobucket

Great job Jordan! Base looks abit more complex now =)
In response to Jordan11
Jordan11 wrote:
Lil-Diamond wrote:

Photobucket

Woah, your edit looks amazing! The only part I don't like is the head. Toward the bottom, it looks flat. :/. Rest is nice though. I'm also going to post this on BYOND anime and see which base people like more out of the three of hours.

EDIT: Here are edits of your edit, Jordan. I fixed up the head a bit. Personnaly I think it looks much better.
Here's the version of Jordan, Here's my version i've edited the head and added muscles to it also i've changed the contrast.

Here's my version

Here's Jordan's edited version.
Lil-Diamond wrote:
Here's the version of Jordan, Here's my version i've edited the head and added muscles to it also i've changed the contrast.

Here's my version

It's pretty good, but can you top mines?

This is are edits of Jordans edit of my edit(lulz): Photobucket

I think the third one looks the best :).
Forerunnerz wrote:
Lil-Diamond wrote:

Here's my version

How's this my friend? Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lil-Diamond wrote:
Forerunnerz wrote:
Lil-Diamond wrote:

Here's my version

How's this my friend? Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lawl. You must be in love with muscles >:PPPP.
I'm glad to see that you guys are getting better and better with each time. Keep up the good work!