ID:258494

Well, i'm working on my own game as some of you might have read before ( if not go to my member page and read about it ) but i'm having difficulties with the grass tile. To give you the general feel of the game here or some pieces, i really want help on the grass tiles, i'm thinking of upping the contrast on the walls and such and the pinky flowers needs some detaisl i'm aware of that. Please try to give constructive criticisme.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pandora'sSecret wrote:
Well, i'm working on my own game as some of you might have read before ( if not go to my member page and read about it ) but i'm having difficulties with the grass tile. To give you the general feel of the game here or some pieces, i really want help on the grass tiles, i'm thinking of upping the contrast on the walls and such and the pinky flowers needs some detaisl i'm aware of that. Please try to give constructive criticisme.

Sorry for the bump, but i really want some C&C on this!
In response to Pandora'sSecret
Pandora'sSecret wrote:
Pandora'sSecret wrote:

Sorry for the bump, but i really want some C&C on this!

Well, I saw this earlier but I couldn't come up with CC I think it looks great. Ugh, maybe use some anti-aliasing or shading? I dunno.
In response to Forerunnerz
I do have to say, I am in love with your rock tile. Hehe, I'm definitely looking into that tech. :D

As for the grass...
I think the reason it looks odd (from my view) is that there is a really big jump from these two tiles...

The first one is semi full, and as it goes into the next one, there are very big patches compared to the tile before it. My only suggestion is to either...

1) Lessen the "fullness" of the first tile.

2) Add in another tile to smooth out the transition between the two tiles.

Overall, i really like the way your tile set is looking. My only other suggestion is to use more of the technique you used on the rock, on your walls.
In response to W1ldr3x
Thanks Rex, i added one tile and edited some aswell.
Any better?

I also redid some colors and slightly edited the walls
Dark room.

Bright room
That is much better! :D
Great pixels ;) But imo you should work with those walls, because they look a bit boring. You should read this: http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/ default.htm . Its really helpful tutorial.
I think the columns are fine when they're on the wall, but not when they're standing on the map.

I did a quick lazy edit, because I'm sleepy. With the perspective, I think you should be able to see the top of the pillar, because otherwise it looks side view. I also bumped up the contrast on the pillar, though i think that accidently changed the wall colors too. That could always be fixed.

I really made a terrible pillar base though, so you could look into fixing that too.

For the light room, I'd suggest toning down the contrast on the floor, and perhaps making the walls darker while making the floor lighter.

I think overall it's coming out well so far, so keep at it!
In response to Egor
Egor wrote:
Great pixels ;) But imo you should work with those walls, because they look a bit boring. You should read this: http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tutorials/tuts/tsugumo/ default.htm . Its really helpful tutorial.

i wasn't in the stage of aging the walls yet:P
Thanks for your reply though!

In response to Oceans Dream
Oceans Dream wrote:
I think the columns are fine when they're on the wall, but not when they're standing on the map.

I did a quick lazy edit, because I'm sleepy. With the perspective, I think you should be able to see the top of the pillar, because otherwise it looks side view. I also bumped up the contrast on the pillar, though i think that accidently changed the wall colors too. That could always be fixed.

I really made a terrible pillar base though, so you could look into fixing that too.

For the light room, I'd suggest toning down the contrast on the floor, and perhaps making the walls darker while making the floor lighter.

Ahh i see what you mean, the pilars weren't doing it for me either! so upping the contrast and changing some shapes it is!
Pandora'sSecret wrote:
Oceans Dream wrote:

Ahh i see what you mean, the pilars weren't doing it for me either! so upping the contrast and changing some shapes it is!

So, is this any better? I'd like to think so.
I tried to make the colorscheme more cohesive.
It looks like the entrance is far bigger than the actual room[the height], because of the difference in the length of the pillars from the entrance and the rest. I love the your choice of colors! o.O
In response to Trickeli
You're right! imma make them all the same size as the one by the entránce.

restarted working on the grass tiles i posted earlier.
So what do you guys think?

-- not finished yet but free for everyone to use --
It looks nice, but doesn't seem like natural shapes etc, though that could just be the way you had mapped it out. I like all the different shapes and forms that you can mix and match with this, though the only problem I can see with it, is it looks too much like its top-down. Mainly because you can see the brown shadow on both the north and south sides.
In response to Bakasensei
Hmm,. i see what you mean. Any ideas to fix this top-down look?? without needing to re-do it all.
Remove that brown shadowish type thing from all angles except the north side. So then it'd look like you actually looking at the grass from a 3/4ths perspective.
In response to Bakasensei
Bakasensei wrote:
Remove that brown shadowish type thing from all angles except the north side. So then it'd look like you actually looking at the grass from a 3/4ths perspective.

I've decided to add one extra pixel of shade on the top ones seems to look best.
wow i really those edges on turfs.