Wildrogue wrote:
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:
Trunks is the only one I know of that did

Did what?

Did not have spiky hair. Only Saiyan that I know of to not have spiky hair.

Ah right, I thought you meant in the Super Saiyan form. And it's probably because he's a half saiyan. Vegeta clearly states a full saiyan's hair doesn't change from the day he's born. Where as with Gohan, a half saiyan, we've seen him have a range of hairstyles including a flat one (right before they go to Namek). So presumably, Trunks brushes his hair or something. Another thing to note about hair is that full saiyans don't grow hair where as half saiyans do - shown by Trunks growing hair when he spends a year training in the Hyper Bolic Time Chamber/Room of Spirit and Time and by Gohan getting a hair cut. And we're told that Goku's never had a hair cut in his life and he then goes on about his hair problems and Bulma suggests shampoo but Vegeta gets annoyed since he doesn't care about Goku's hair problems.

Wow, have you ever met anybody with less of a life?

Oh yeah because you can really tell a lot about someone's life from their knowledge on certain topics.
When the character goes Super Saiyan, their hair is tainted yellow by their aura and their eyes are engulfed in an energetic blue. Their hair doesn't grow at all but it does stand on end. It's like electricity.

Second level, their hair spikes upward, symbolizing the spike in power. Instead of waving or being supported it jets straight up.

The third level, their hair grows to an extreme length and their eyes turn green. This is where that sampson relation comes into play. Oh and they lose their eyebrows, I'm guessing it's like Woopie Goldburg meets Sampson and crosses with hitler's idea of the perfect race.

The fourth level is just another form of their monkey form. It's not really a super saiyan, but that's what they play it off as.
The "fourth form" of Super Saiyan isn't really a SSJ form. You can tell, because the Saiyans get more apprehensive and grow hair around their torso. Their hair remains black because they aren't in the SSJ form, but in a completely different one all together.

If you've ever seen drawings or action figures of SSJ 5 and 6, you can clearly see that they retain the SSJ-like hair appearance.
SSJ 5 and 6

DOESN'T EXIST.

Fans made these up.
"ssj" is something that you transform into, right? do you have to first transform to level 1, then 2, then 3, or if you have enough power can you go right to 3? and if you have enough power to go to level 3, could you choose to only go to levels 1 or 2?
You initially transform into a super saiyan (If you are a saiyan, that is), then "ascend" in to higher levels of power. Super Saiyan 2, then 3.
ITT: losers
It's just one of those things the animators added in so it's easier to tell the characters are more powerful. Lets face it, if they just have golden hair and everyone is all "AHHH YOUR SO STRONG!!!" the viewers would be like "What, his hair style hasn't changed since he first turned into it... he obviously hasn't advanced, the lazy ass". Well, maybe not to that extent.

Never-the-less, I lost interest after the Cell Saga. This whole "omg Bibbidy Bobiddy Boo" thing was bullshit. "OMG MAGIX!"

It's like they took every possible angle before, robots, aliens, monsters etc. And just decided to continue to leave the Sci-Fi area and jump into Adventure.

Also, another thing that irked me, as soon as the whole Super Saiyan thing started up, every other character (except that green fella, maybe) became totally useless. =/

Anyways:
As far as I know, in GT (which had a rap song for an opening theme =/) The 4th level, hair was as long as it was in 3rd, only it was black. And in a later movie, they got it to level 5 (I think) and their hair turned red (I think).

It's all just one big "This is how you tell they're advancing".

--

Also OFD, in one of the later episodes I actually bothered to sit down and watch. While that Goku fella was fighting that pink puff pussy Boo, he gave a full explanation of the super saiyan advance. Going through each level one by one. I believe it was the episode, when level 3 was first achieved.

If I was going to make a DBZ game, I'd be an asshole, and force the levels one at a time, and make it take time. So people can attack you while you're transforming, but if they're not strong enough, and you finish your power-ups, they're royally stuffed.
If I was going to make a DBZ game, I'd be an asshole, and force the levels one at a time, and make it take time. So people can attack you while you're transforming, but if they're not strong enough, and you finish your power-ups, they're royally stuffed.

Heh, this is exactly how DBTC handles it... And for that exact reason!

If I get going on the topic of DBZ, this post could wind up very lengthy... However, a lot of details have been given in some of the posts down there, and that should cover decently enough all of the specifics... Some of the stuff I read through is pretty much wrong, but much of it was correct enough (I don't want to go throguh point by point to mention which is which, though...lol)

Here's an image showing each of the forms of Super Saiyan that Goku displays... They are in ascending order, from back to front (the black haired form at the back is just normal, or base, form)

Anyways, the how's and why's of many aspects in DBZ are left completely up to fan speculation... This includes the hair changes...

Obviously, the changes from a real-life perspective are simply a method to show a transformation... DBZ began as a comic, and there had to be a very strong visual change with each level of power to get the notion across...

The design itself was basically chosen to show the energy flowing in and around the character's body... The first two levels consist of a glow, and spiking up of the hair... Not much length is added, just an increase in intensity of spikiness...

Toriyama has said that the ridiculous hair length given to the third form was his attempt to piss off the fans (more or less)... He noticed their blind devotion, so he decided to throw in something really silly looking to mess with them (much like the inclusion of "Towelie" by the South Park guys)... His plan backfired, though, and many fans thought the level 3 form looked the coolest!

However, DBZ fans generally aren't happy with the real-life explanations of elements of the series... Many of us like to theorize and debate on these topics to come up with our own within-the-DBZ-universe explanations...

I've personally done this on this very topic (among others), and I have a pseudo-scientific theory written up about it... It's too long to post here, but it can be read by clicking here
Hey, Im Jacob, I Really Was Wondering if i can Get The GTA Online Files
It Was one of the best Games Out There,
If You Give me the files, i am Able to host 24/7
I Would take good care of the server

Please Let Me Have the Host Files, It Would Be Great
Page: 1 2