ID:25853

pretty much all i know about dbz is what i've picked up from other BYONDer's conversations about it. i've been able to piece together a lot of things, but there's one thing that has particularly confused me... what's the deal with their hair when they go 'ssj'? i don't even fully know what 'ssj' is but there are apparently different levels of it and i imagine that people get more powerful at higher levels. but their hair changes color and grows excessively? does the color and amount of hair match their power? i've never quite understood that, could someone explain it to me. really, i'd like to know.
Saiyans, being more closely related to monkey than humans, retain the monkey like tail. As they transform in to a "Super Saiyan", or higher levels, such as SSj2, 3, etc. The hair grows more due to the monkey relation.

Somehow.
I kinda stopped watching DBZ about the time Super Sayen(However it is spelled) started being a major theme of the show. But what I do know is that being SSJ causes your hair to be blond, no matter what color it was before. It also seems to grow with every level. A SSJ at level 1 would have normal length hair that has become blond and spiky (Some people in the show actually have hair laid down). At level 2 it stays spiky but the extra length causes it to collapse in the back, creating spiky hair that goes down the back of the neck, to mid back or so. It just seems to get longer from there.
When the saiyans' hair grows very long, they can destroy enemies with the jawbone of an ass.
erm, i guess that's howit works, but if you get like super powerful, it goes red, i think.
Danial.Beta wrote:
(Some people in the show actually have hair laid down).

*GASP*
Trunks is the only one I know of that did, but I think Goku had a daughter or something at some time, so she probably wouldn't have had spiky hair as well. But yeah, it was pretty rare for a male to have non-spiky hair, at least a male with super powers.
IainPeregrine wrote:
When the saiyans' hair grows very long, they can destroy enemies with the jawbone of an ass.

I'm pretty sure you're mixing DBZ up with the bible here.
Vexonater wrote:
IainPeregrine wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're mixing DBZ up with the bible here.

I love you, so much.
I never quite thought of it, but maybe it's an allusion to Samson's hair. "Eventually Samson tells Delilah that he will lose his strength at the loss of his hair."
Danial.Beta wrote:
Trunks is the only one I know of that did

Did what?

but I think Goku had a daughter or something at some time, so she probably wouldn't have had spiky hair as well. But yeah, it was pretty rare for a male to have non-spiky hair, at least a male with super powers.

He has a grand daughter who does not reach Super Saiyan.
Justin B wrote:
I never quite thought of it, but maybe it's an allusion to Samson's hair. "Eventually Samson tells Delilah that he will lose his strength at the loss of his hair."

Interesting.
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:

Did what?

Did not have spiky hair. Only Saiyan that I know of to not have spiky hair.
Danial.Beta wrote:
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:

Did what?

Ah right, I thought you meant in the Super Saiyan form. And it's probably because he's a half saiyan. Vegeta clearly states a full saiyan's hair doesn't change from the day he's born. Where as with Gohan, a half saiyan, we've seen him have a range of hairstyles including a flat one (right before they go to Namek). So presumably, Trunks brushes his hair or something. Another thing to note about hair is that full saiyans don't grow hair where as half saiyans do - shown by Trunks growing hair when he spends a year training in the Hyper Bolic Time Chamber/Room of Spirit and Time and by Gohan getting a hair cut. And we're told that Goku's never had a hair cut in his life and he then goes on about his hair problems and Bulma suggests shampoo but Vegeta gets annoyed since he doesn't care about Goku's hair problems.

Now that you mention it, I do remember Gohan's hair being down when he was a kid and when he was in school...

I never caught the part about Saiyans not needing hair cuts. Then again, I wasn't that big into it.
I think the hair growth is a primal thing that relates to a saiyan's ape form.

I think the color is a reference to the golden glow concept that is in martial arts movies such as The Last Dragon.

I think the spikes are just a mix of static cling and energy being released from the flesh.
I think the hair growth is a primal thing that relates to a saiyan's ape form.

Yeah, thats what I was trying to say.
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:

Did what?

Ah right, I thought you meant in the Super Saiyan form. And it's probably because he's a half saiyan. Vegeta clearly states a full saiyan's hair doesn't change from the day he's born. Where as with Gohan, a half saiyan, we've seen him have a range of hairstyles including a flat one (right before they go to Namek). So presumably, Trunks brushes his hair or something. Another thing to note about hair is that full saiyans don't grow hair where as half saiyans do - shown by Trunks growing hair when he spends a year training in the Hyper Bolic Time Chamber/Room of Spirit and Time and by Gohan getting a hair cut. And we're told that Goku's never had a hair cut in his life and he then goes on about his hair problems and Bulma suggests shampoo but Vegeta gets annoyed since he doesn't care about Goku's hair problems.

Wow, have you ever met anybody with less of a life?

<_< you? maybe me.....hmm
Wildrogue wrote:
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:
Abhishake wrote:
Danial.Beta wrote:

Did what?

Wow, have you ever met anybody with less of a life?

How about someone who comments on how someone has no life?

Or how about someone who comments on commenting on how someone has no life?

Or someone who comments on commenting on commenting on how someone has no life?

I should end now before I wind up going on forever.
Page: 1 2