ID:258890

I started iconing a few days ago, and have looked at a few bases as well as a few guides and asked for improvement tips from friends,

I need all criticism, tips and ways to improve the quality, design, an everything about my pixel, to lead me to creating better images.
Feel free to crush me into the ground leaving only vapours, aslong as it helps me improve o.o;.

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/basek.png/

Jlxati wrote:
I started iconing a few days ago, and have looked at a few bases as well as a few guides and asked for improvement tips from friends,

I need all criticism, tips and ways to improve the quality, design, an everything about my pixel, to lead me to creating better images.
Feel free to crush me into the ground leaving only vapours, aslong as it helps me improve o.o;.

http://img443.imageshack.us/i/basek.png/

separate a little the arms, increase a bit the size(if its possible)remake the head (just an idea)...and the shading in the chest is...doesnt the darker color/shade should be in the middle of the chest?also same for teh abs zone..theres no shading...
Some things I didn't like was the overall structure of the base, as well as some of the internal shading.

In response to Maximus_Alex2003
O_O, that looks much better and that shading, AA and re-design is epic and the fact that the icon is more clean, natural relaxed position is great(to awesome o.o), kl im going to try reherse the techniques and do it with all the other states after a bit of practice, thank you both :)

btw any advice for remaking the head, i realise that the jaw is bigger than the forehead, it happened while i was trying to make the icon seem not to triangluar or blocky, ty
Ok i used the advice of you too and analysed the base you created Maximus_Alex2003, and re-created another one from scratch. I think they are better than the previous icon i created and maximus i decided too use yours as form of improvement instead of just copying i also tryed to make the forhead bigger than the jaw but rounder(was this the heads previous problem?), use less colours, add dark imprints for curved parts an yeah... still amazed at that iconing level soo yah >.> ..., through im not sure on which arm is percievied as better for 32x32 icon, criticism on icon(how to improve) and what is the better arms thanks!:D

0:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1:

3:

^thanks mademan used your HTML code to search for the guide :)
In response to Jlxati

there use HTML code
In response to Jlxati
You need to lower his ears a bit. Normally, peoples' ears aren't more upward their head compared to their eyes. Ears and Eyes are usually located at the same level.

His arms need detached a bit instead of curving inwards. Right now, if I took the 0 - 3 and put them in icon_states and animated it, he would be appearing to pray.

Most likely praying for a better perspective.
His head needs lowered a bit or some shading fix in the chest area. Currently, all 4 of those have their chest puffed out.
Ok, so i get what you did in your edit fully now, maximus and see mostly where i've gone wrong on my analysation, thanks for your paitence. ok so doing what you said, i added 1 more pixel for the ears, because iunno the blocky looks didn't feel to good so didn't make this 2(bad?), but everyone critisicm on the image, thanks.

Also if anyone wants to can you tell me the diffent types of shading so i can research and learn thanks, i know about pillow shading and gradient shading(think i got it right), and a little bout sun position one, thanks if there are any other useful ones or tips, let me know if you will,
In response to Jlxati
Looks much better, fix up the legs, mostly around the shorts. Make it looks like he's standing, not preparing to get into a sumo wrestler stance.
In response to Black Label Studios
Kl so drew another one, making the legs look good with the body is terribly hard w/o a technique >_> but i tryed, thank you all for your opinions and critcism to help me improve

-Image is now in the world of cookie's and cream-

any one wanna answer my previous question or have more advice/criticism it will be more than welcome

In response to Jlxati
Jeez, didn't notice how many shades you had on your little guy. You should only have 4 shades on him, lol.
In response to Black Label Studios
Black Label Studios wrote:
Jeez, didn't notice how many shades you had on your little guy. You should only have 4 shades on him, lol.

I would actually recommend more.
1 Outline. 1 AA Outline. 1 Dark Shade. 1 Normal Shade. 1 Light Shade.

5, is better than 4 when it comes to shading.
Tyvm i'll work on using less shades
:D, thank you for your contribution and help it was seriously appreciated i hope you all have a good day
<3
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
Black Label Studios wrote:

I would actually recommend more.
1 Outline. 1 AA Outline. 1 Dark Shade. 1 Normal Shade. 1 Light Shade.

5, is better than 4 when it comes to shading.

I disagree.
In response to Jordan11
If you aren't going Cell-Shaded, you should have 1 Outline and 1 AA Outline and 1 Primary Tone at the very least.
Then when it comes to shading, you need 1 Darker Tone and 1 Lighter Tone.

This equals 5. Not 4.
Without any of those, the final product doesn't appear pleasant.

im only using 4 colors and it turned ok i think,5 might be too much,3 not enough
In response to I.loves.ninjas
I don't think so, 5 is not too much at all.

Hell, that's with 6.
In response to I.loves.ninjas
You're AAing needs serious work.
In response to Rasengan3oo4
still learning how to AA -.-'