ID:258894

Ok, I was bored and decided to pixel a bit even tho I'm not really a pixel artist.
So CnC this for me please :) once this state is good enough, I will move on to the other directions, and eventually, when it's done, I'm probably going to post it on the free source section.

What particulary bothers me, is his stomach area btw

Well... reduce the colors to 4 shades. Probably might wanna lower the belly button and use a lighter shade on it, and the way that you shaded it it sort of looks like he has a slight gut.
In response to Black Label Studios
I used 4 shades for the skin and 2 for the outline

Well, here is my edit
In response to Abrax
You don't need two for the outline. Out of the 4 shades you should only have to use the two darkest shades for the outline.
In response to Black Label Studios
I dont think that removing one color will improve it that much
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
It's all being said over and over again lol.
In response to Abrax
Abrax wrote:
I used 4 shades for the skin and 2 for the outline

Well, here is my edit

Not entirely sure what you were going for, but i figured i would make a quick edit while i was working on a ton of other shit lol anyway below is my little edit, use if u want or just trash it doesn't matter much to me.

Anyways, if you don't feel like going to the link where it appears that you've taken your inspiration from, then I suggest:

Fix the eyes, they don't match the perspective.
There's too much dark-dot in the middle of his chest.
The base needs AA, especially around the head, legs and arms.
The chest is way too large for the legs. Either lengthen the legs or shorten the chest.
Stray away from pillow-like shading. You aren't directly using pillow shading, but you are too close for comfort. Get a light-source and stick with it.
In response to Aeon Games Inc
How does your edit help him learn anything?

In response to Pmitch
Although that's a point people have asked i have realized that people learn more from a example, then just saying whats wrong with it and providing text on how to fix it. I know it's not following the rules of Pixel art, but if we do want our fresh player's learning and becoming better, rather then just giving up entirely we have to nurture them and show them how to do things so they can get a better grasp on how to do it.

Side Note: i learn better with visuals then someone telling me how to do it.
That is not how critique works. If you're going to edit someones work, then explain what you did and how you did it. Remaking someones base (almost entirely at that) is far from helpful.
In response to Pmitch
That's your opinion though, a bunch of people that are new to pixel art in general learn better with visual tutorials. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion, ill start saying what i changed and what i feel people need to work on from now on, if that will make you feel better?
Whether it makes me feel better is irrelevant, It is a rule here.
In response to Pmitch
Then, as i said above I'll start to follow it, I'd like to avoid this from turning into a argument or anything.