ID:258945

Here is something new(well made 1 month ago but)
i was just trying to remake it for continue it so i can put it in my game,im having problems with what is arms-Hands-Feet.and the hollow itself needs improvement so
Any comment will be appreciated.

(i removing the pillow shading so,dont say anything about it xD)
I worked with your hollow, and did the line work for the arms, hands, legs and feet. I'm not quite suuure...about what else to do really. Lol, I know the shading was what you needed to work on, but, for other hollow, try to get the anatomy correct...and don't do TOO much line work. Try to do more implied lines, than actual lines (Yeah, I fixed the shoulders too lol). \

Feel free to use that one, and color it out. Also, use that as a reference whenever you want to make another hollow with a similar build :).

Alright, here's what I've done :O:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

OMGSH, I forgot to mention I changed the mask as well as the horns lol! Actually...I changed quite a bit o.o! I didn't too much on the colors though. I just kinda got carried away with it haha. You can mess with the colors as much as you'd like to though :).

Something I did before revamping your hollow though, was some concept art. I was able to build it all exactly the way I wanted to, based on the sketch I did. I suggest you do the same for yours as well. It's actually...somewhat better than using a reference off of the internet...unless you happen to find the concept art with all the positions and stances it could possibly be in, lol.

But, there you go buddy. I hope you can make great use of it :D...Come back when you need some help on Animation stances...I guess lol.
In response to ShadowiceTeam
ShadowiceTeam wrote:
I worked with your hollow, and did the line work for the arms, hands, legs and feet. I'm not quite suuure...about what else to do really. Lol, I know the shading was what you needed to work on, but, for other hollow, try to get the anatomy correct...and don't do TOO much line work. Try to do more implied lines, then actual lines (Yeah, I fixed the shoulders too lol). \

Feel free to use that one, and color it out. Also, use that as a reference whenever you want to make another hollow with a similar build :).

OMGSH, I forgot to mentoin I changed the mask as well as the horns lol! Actually...I changed quite a bit o.o! I didn't too much on the colors though. I just kinda got carried away with it haha. You can mess with the colors as much as you'd like to though :).

Something I did before revamping your hollow though, was some concept art. I was able to build it all exactly the way I wanted to, based on the sketch I did. I suggest you do the same for yours as well. It's actually...somewhat better than using a reference off of the internet...unless you happen to find the concept art with all the positions and stances it could possibly be in, lol.

But, there you go buddy. I hope you can make great use of it :D...Come back when you need some help on Animation stances...I guess lol.

Really nice edit,
too bad you saved/uploaded it as a .JPEG which really messes up the clean pixels... use .GIF or .PNG in the future!
In response to Pandora'sSecret
OMG! So..it's not supposed to be saved as a .jpeg!?! AAAH, and I purposely switched it tp .jpeg, because I thought it was PNGs that sucked on here...crap! Lol. I hadn't uploaded anything since that last picture of me playing around with my Breeze Sprites, lol!
Use lighting to portray shape not black outlines.
In response to Vermolius
Oh, I was using the color he already had, to give him a basic outline of what the shaping could look like. He still has to make it himself, just giving him some guild lines, or a reference to base it off of. He needs more implied lines than actual lines :)...

An outline wouldn't hurt for a sprite though :). Get the basic shape of it all before you start adding detail. It'll make things easier, and get you better results as well. Like sketching out a character before you color it. You can always go over the outline pixels with a color one, to blend it all out.
Heh, I wasn't talking to you. Either way, lineart is useful and what you are saying is correct. I meant the shapes on the body, the abs and the pectoral muscles, a limned in a thick black outline which should. I feel that proper shading would look better than outlining body parts.
In response to Vermolius
Oh yeah, there he should have. Also, though you weren't talking to me, you gave me a reason to add more tips for him, that I left out in the actual post lol.
The interior...COULD use less lines :O!! It looks messy in there. I didn't want to touch the inside too much, because I wanted you to do that. You could keep a few lines for definition, but use the shading more for the actual body part. If you use those together well, it'll look much better. More clean, and less messy, or rushed :).
ShadowiceTeam wrote:
I worked with your hollow, and did the line work for the arms, hands, legs and feet. I'm not quite suuure...about what else to do really. Lol, I know the shading was what you needed to work on, but, for other hollow, try to get the anatomy correct...and don't do TOO much line work. Try to do more implied lines, than actual lines (Yeah, I fixed the shoulders too lol). \

OMGSH, I forgot to mention I changed the mask as well as the horns lol! Actually...I changed quite a bit o.o! I didn't too much on the colors though. I just kinda got carried away with it haha. You can mess with the colors as much as you'd like to though :).

Really nice edit,i couldnt have did better(or yes xD)
The anatomy is almost perfect as what i was looking for,i will use it =)(changing a bit the legs cough...)
Thanx bro,And uh...The mask....looks so scary that i cried just looking at it,i prefer the old one(old one means,w.o eyes xD)
In response to Etsukurenay
And this my friends is why you do not redraw other's stuff.

Not that any of you would learn from this, but this is sort of thing why redrawing instead of actually critiquing and having the person do the changes themselves is frowned upon. They can just take the edited work, and call it a day while not learning nor improving anything.
In response to Maggeh
...Ooooor, they might actually learn something. I pretty much gave him tips on how to approach the work, and how to handle it too :). He'll learn, because he has to do the other directions, and animations too. The only way it'll look right, is if he actually uses what was told to him...instead of JUST taking the visual example.

Everyone learns differently :)...as some don't learn at all. For those that don't learn at all, won't learn, no matter how it's taught to them. On this topic, we provided both visual and verbal help :). He has a choice on how to learn now :D. I actually hope he does well :)... other wise his work is gonna suck lol. It'll be his fault either way.
Or, like he already said, hes just going to use the work you already did for him.

He totally learned yo.

In response to Pmitch
Dude...so unnecessary. I didn't post anything to disprove him. I added on to what he said. But redrawing what they did doesn't have anything to deal with his skills still sucking. If he doesn't want to learn, he won't learn...
In response to Pmitch
Pmitch wrote:
Or, like he already said, hes just going to use the work you already did for him.

He totally learned yo.

Yes i did,here you can see:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8070/hollowk.png