ID:2593310

This week I focused some more on bug fixes, since a few issues were piling up for 513. Among them were a couple of nasty issues with maptext: not crashers, just really annoying to fix. The problem of figuring out when to wrap text is actually way harder than it sounds, and my old approach wasn't entirely correct.

In 514 work, I'm still working on those generator functions and trying to work out if I can set up a good way to chain them together as more complex expressions. Additionally, I'm not all that happy with my current implementation so I was trying to figure out if there's a better approach I could be taking. (It doesn't seem that way, but I'll keep looking.)

I may however jump to a new idea, since I was discussing mouse input with a few people on Discord and the idea of making mouse actions macroable came up. There were some pretty good arguments for it, and so I think it's worth looking into for 514.

Sound was another recent topic, and Bravo was mentioning that while the sound.environment var can make something sound somewhat like it's underwater, that only impacts reverb: the initial sound always bleeds through. He wanted to do something like a lowpass filter. Well, I've been looking at the sound documentation and it appears it should be possible to allow some more complex effects like chaining sound processing units together, so I think I might want to look into that for 514 as well.

If you've contributed to BYOND lately as a Member or via one of the donation platforms, thanks! If you haven't yet, hey, summer's a great time to do it when you can get all kinds of gaming done while hiding from the oppressive heat.

There's been some talk in the new Discord about potentially having a GiaD contest, so that could be fun. Stop on by and toss in your input. It'd be great to see some contests going on since it's not like we can go to ball games or the Fair, is it?