ID:2594267

Right, so a couple days ago, I saw that BYOND had an update, and thought to myself, 'Bob, you good looking rogue, you should install that update now that this round of CM has finished, and then hop in next round, lickity split', however, when I installed said update, I lost the ability to connect to ANY Byond server whatsoever, with all listings gone as well, I thought to myself, 'Okay, this clearly broke something, lemme install one of the previous versions', however, this was also fruitless, they did absolutely nothing, much to my dismay

So I ask you, noble forum users, to assist me in this endeavor to get BYOND working again
Disable antivirus and try installing again. Check if the path has any non-regular characters. Preferrably, install it on C:\Byond.
Antivirus going rogue is probably the problem here.
I did this, and now Byond refuses to open Period
I suggest a full uninstall and reinstall. Check the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin to confirm all the files are present. If they are not, you definitely have an antivirus program causing trouble because of a false positive.
I have done a fresh reinstall, and even attempted to download BYOND on a different computer using the same wifi network, nada, nothing, Im guessing its my Modem or ISP, so... That'll be fine
What happens when you try to open the BYOND pager? Describe that in detail please.
Right, no more help is required, it was my Modem, after I got a new one, it works like before, and I am happy