ID:2597506

Code:

I'm pretty unsure what's going on. I've recently come back to byond after 5 years and wanted to get back into mapping. I wanted to use the TILED_ICON_MAP format (because that's what I prefer) and it's not working the way it had before. When I go to place a large icon, it places an invisible 1 tile icon instead of converting each piece of the large icon into smaller icons. My map is 16x16 tiles (not the normal 32x32).

Is the icon itself a tiled icon, or is it one big icon? Like, is it like 0,0 0,1 0,2 etc? Cuz if so then it may be on the icon side of the issue, not the map.
There is no reason to prefer TILED_ICON_MAP.

Just a heads up, it is in every way a terrible decision to do so.
Idk, I use topdown myself, lol. Makes things alot easier.
So is TILED_ICON_MAP completely unsupported?

I'm working with a really old project from 2006 and most of the assets are done with the pre 455 byond in mind.

Is there no way to just slap png's onto maps anymore?

Example:
turf/backgrounds/Title/icon = 'Title Screen//title.png'

If I go to drop it into the Map Editor. It drops a compressed 32x32 version of it on the map instead of breaking it apart like it used to do.
So I don't think I have used TILED_ICON_MAP but the tag by it says "Deprecated" You are doing a topdown world though right? I never touch my map settings unless I am doing a sidescroller isometric map (so I never touch it for topdown) and I believe the map type is this one Top-down format. Hope that helps.
Amendment, this is a Topdown perspective game I have created recently. https://www.indiedb.com/games/jack-bones-shards-of-memory
Thank you Raffile. I appreciate the reply and the information. Definitely helps!

Ultimately though, yes the game is Top Down. Thankfully haven't done much of anything with maps yet.
In response to Dark_rathen
Dark_rathen wrote:
So is TILED_ICON_MAP completely unsupported?

I'm working with a really old project from 2006 and most of the assets are done with the pre 455 byond in mind.

Is there no way to just slap png's onto maps anymore?

Example:
turf/backgrounds/Title/icon = 'Title Screen//title.png'

If I go to drop it into the Map Editor. It drops a compressed 32x32 version of it on the map instead of breaking it apart like it used to do.

Try expanding the size of the icon before pasting it in, that should make it work, with topdown. Works fine for me with the topdown format. U might have to replace all the existing pngs on the map tho.