ID:259772

Maybe BYOND could have another argument for the \icon macro so the direction could be set in it too.

~~> Dragon Lord
Unknown Person wrote:
Maybe BYOND could have another argument for the \icon macro so the direction could be set in it too.

~~> Dragon Lord

I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't it be possible to create an /icon variable, store an icon in it with the direction you want, and display that?
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
Unknown Person wrote:

~~> Dragon Lord

I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't it be possible to create an /icon variable, store an icon in it with the direction you want, and display that?

It would be way more easier to be able to set the direction in the actual \icon macro, because every time your icon changed, or direction, you'd have to change the /icon variable.

An idea would be like this?:

src << "\icon[src][NORTH] blah blah"

Just an idea.

~~> Dragon Lord
"\icon[icon('something.dmi',"whatever",NORTH)]"
In response to Unknown Person
Unknown Person wrote:
An idea would be like this?:

src << "\icon[src][NORTH] blah blah"

Just an idea.

~~> Dragon Lord

How about src << "\icon[icon(src.icon,src.icon_state,src.dir)] blah blah"

??
In response to Jon88
*cough* [link] =)
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
*cough* [link] =)

Crispy, as some friendly non-moderator advice, I may have to send you to the doctor about that 'cough'. you can certainly do better than that. understood?

:)
In response to digitalmouse
But digi, the cough emote is one of the forum poster's most useful tools of the trade! =P