Descriptive Problem Summary:
It seems like in 513 Byond still works with DB through latin1 charset.
Because of this data saved in DD is not real UTF-8, and Byond can't parse any real UTF-8 from DB (looks like ????).
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
* Setup MySQL/MariaDB database with charset=utf8mb4 collate=utf8mb4_unicode_ci
* Byond 513 with Dantom.DB for example
* Make from game insert request to DB with some UTF-8 Cyrillic text
* Check table in DB: text not readable
* Byond still can work with it, any requested data will be converted again in UTF-8 in game
* But if you request from game data with real UTF-8, Byond replace all text with ????
Also sorry I'm so late on this "Test 513" train...
Aug 4, 12:01 am