ID:260078

The use of mouse scrolling in DM would be useful. It might not be that useful for people without a mouse that has a scroller, but could still be a potential feature, if feasable.

~~> Unknown person
It's totally feasible since it already supports it. :)
In response to tenkuu
If you're talking about the compiler scroll bar use, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about using the mouse scroller to interact with the actuall DM program. If not, then I must be going crazy, since I've never heard of such feature. :P

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Unknown Person
Me neither, I know of a mouseUp() and mouseDown() thanks to one of our fine programers. But I do not believe there is a mouseScrollUp() or mouseScrollDown()

I believe theese would be very neat features, and could be used for a alot of uses (ex: in a hud, scrolling would change what active skill you are using)

I second this motion!
In response to Unknown Person
Ah, well, then how about being a little more specific next time? :p
In response to tenkuu
tenkuu wrote:
Ah, well, then how about being a little more specific next time? :p

Ah, yeah alright. Kinda ironic, since I'm usually the guy who tells people to be more specific. :P

~~> Unknown Person
I'll bet KeyState could be updated to support something like that.
In response to PirateHead
You're probably right! This page covers how to detect mouse scroll events in Javascript.
In response to PirateHead
PirateHead wrote:
I'll bet KeyState could be updated to support something like that.

That is a good idea, one that I had not thought of. I was excited about the prospect when Airjoe linked me to this post.

Unfortunately, I just tested it out and you have to have your cursor physically over the browser window area. KeyState makes the browser window invisible so that it does not interfere, meaning it doesn't work at all with KeyState normally.

I suppose I could alter it so that the browser window is visible but small, so that the player can move the mouse over it and use the mouse wheel on top of it, but that seems a bit silly.

Would anyone still want mouse wheel capability if it meant the player had to have a small browser window showing and move their cursor over it whenever they wanted to use it?
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
Would anyone still want mouse wheel capability if it meant the player had to have a small browser window showing and move their cursor over it whenever they wanted to use it?

Actually, yeah =P. I've seen many games in which certain in-game events can happen as a result of hyperlink- or button-clicking in the browser. hub://officerfalcon.deadlywaters is one such example. In cases like this, it might be useful; especially if it had mouse-wheel support when scrolled over the Dream Seeker browser as well.
In response to Loduwijk
Sure! Especially if the user could put an image there, like a mouse icon or "Scroll Here" text or whatever.