ID:260079

i beleive that byond has reached a point that we can now "move on" to the relm of isometric games instead of 2d. this does exisit but only 2 coders use it one being OneFishDown and the other tenkuu . iam saying we shold try and get this more implemnted. iam not sure on how it works or the coding involved (because iam fairly new to byond coding)but just give me your feed back on wut u think of isometric games and is it even a possiblity on this new form of game play in byond

I have created a isometric system once but stopped working on it. I do not think we should move one to isometrics, I think 2D is fine like how it is now. It also get laggy if you have more then like 5 players on also. I think we should just wait and see what byond 4.0 has in stored for us, until then just be happy that we have 2D.

->Calus CoRPS<-
I don't like isometric viewpoints in games, they make me feel sick. =( So I definitely don't want BYOND to have more isometric games. =p

One problem I have with 2D games is the lack of view...in 3D games and first person perspectives, you can see a lot further. I tend to get claustrophic whilst playing games- text muds and so on give me the creeps and I freak out, whilst isometric games with a low uh, range of 'renderingment' make me feel a little upset too (sniff!).
In response to Calus CoRPS
Isometric games my get laggy but that will open a gate to new types of fan games ****just think a second how games will differ with isometric games dbz games will now be much more fun proluim will become so much more halo will excite and mystic journey will dare i say it .... Be wonderous**** ok now back to relaity as we know byond 3.5 is only just a beta and 4.0 is far to come. maby we shold start expermenting now as u aid u were trying to make 1 of ur own but gave up tell me more wut it takes to start 2 of these engins and is it woth the time ??

In response to Zog 200
One day I talked to OneFishDown about how did he create his isometric engine and it takes alot of time. You need to create so many icons and to me it isnt worth it. Also when you say thoese fangames like MJ and prolium, I only played MJ for about 3 days and I played Prolium for about 3 weeks, I do not know much about them but it will not be fun in isometrics. It would lag so much. So my recommondation is if you are new and do not know much about the DM language just start easy with 2D, but if you must create a isometric type of game good luck. It takes time and you probaly wont be happy with your results.

->Calus CoRPS<-
maby we could make semi-isometric games ???

use use link
semi-isometric

EDIT
EDIT semi-isometric

tell me wut u think
In response to Zog 200
You can already do what you're asking, it just takes more work, the engine can already handle it, you just need to know enough about DM to do it.
In response to Nadrew
so y dont more people try and make it a relatiy ??
In response to Zog 200
One reason maybe why people do not try it is that they are fine with how byond is, I do not mind working with 2D graphics. Also some people do not know how to create it and does not know the DM language well.

XaKING
In response to XaKING
the whole point of a program is to make it better *versions* this would be a great leap .. maby peolpe who know how can make toutoials on how it is done just a suggestion
In response to Zog 200
It's slow and confusing, that's why.
In response to Elation
so is makeing a 2d game in dm 4 a begginer start big go slow.
In response to Zog 200
Zog 200 wrote:
so is makeing a 2d game in dm 4 a begginer start big go slow.

That sentence does not really make sense. Is this what you are saying, So is making a 2D game in DM for a beginner start big go slow? What does that mean?

XaKING
In response to XaKING
have high hope and take your time with it lol it dose sound corny lol
In response to Zog 200
I mean, it runs slow at runtime. Given that BYOND does hardly any client-side processing (Correct me if I'm wrong), and the amount of objects you have to shift around and change with isometricism, a game with (although obviously it depends on the code, the game, the power of the server and such) many players could just grind to a halt.
In response to Elation
U bring up a very good point but iam not sloely tlaking about just isometric icons i mean it is possible to mod the cilent to run such games smothly via * plugins update softwar* which can be done to make a lagg free envormant thant is multi-player and could possible bettering byond as we know it.
In response to Zog 200
I don't quite know what you mean, but I'd certainly like to see BYOND's power increased a tad. Developers should be given the choice when programming where to process stuff- on the client, or the server.
In response to Elation
i see that its not going to happen it was good to dream
Isometric does not mean 3D. Now that I have that out of the way...

OFD and tenkuu are not the only people who have done what you speak of. I didn't even realise tenkuu had made such a thing. Either way, I have done so as well, and I would not be surprised if a few others have.
In response to Calus CoRPS
The only problem i see with going in that direction is that if byond went more toward 3d and isometric games it would put the newer developers "out of buisness" so to speak, the processes would be so insane and no newer developer would ever be able to figure them out without EXTREME help from a VERY expirienced developer.
Page: 1 2 3