ID:260350

i think byond should have more mapping tools like fill, diagnol, oval and some more tools.

I theres already a topic about this im sorry.

im not sure this is the right forum to be posting this
This is the right forum to post this, and you do have a point: things like filling, diagonally putting objects on the map and making circles of objects (both filled and non-filled) would be a nice plus to have.
In response to Android Data
yeh, byond really needs more mapping tools, i get frustrated when i cant map correctly, also they should have a tool where you can highlight multiple turfs or obj and place it on the map like "RPG MAKER XP Cracked"

instead of making a huge building, 1 icon, at, a, time.
also i would like it if byond can support pixel replacements past 128 pixels, then i could make overlays bigger.
In response to Max Omega
Max Omega wrote:
yeh, byond really needs more mapping tools, i get frustrated when i cant map correctly, also they should have a tool where you can highlight multiple turfs or obj and place it on the map like "RPG MAKER XP Cracked"

Do you mean the "select" tool? Or do you mean an alternative to select, where you can select individual blocks?

instead of making a huge building, 1 icon, at, a, time.

You could just make it a PNG image and paste that on the map with the "add" tool.

also i would like it if byond can support pixel replacements past 128 pixels, then i could make overlays bigger.

Even bigger than 128 pixels? How big are your objects? =P
I'd also like to see a flip and rotate tool, possibly with the option of doing it based on pixel values. Not just 90 degree turns.
Write it yourself. The .dmp format isn't very complex. There are at least three libraries I know of for reading and writing to it.
In response to Jp
I know this isn`t about the map itself but the pixel map window could be bigger (The part you do art in). That would be a huge help.
In response to Hikki
I made a map editor in DM before. Its not that hard, just use a good map saver and make a few procs, like flood line box circle/fillellipse ring/ellipse. If you need help I can I also have a building library that can accomplish this, however its not my greatest work and my new unreleased version is much better.
In response to Hikki
Hikki wrote:
I know this isn`t about the map itself but the pixel map window could be bigger (The part you do art in). That would be a huge help.

Google IcoFX. You can do pixel art in it. It has more features than BYOND's editor. To get the icons you make in there to BYOND, you could convert the .ico files it creates to .bmp and import that, or you could copy/paste the icon you make into MSPaint and then from MSPaint to DreamMaker. (The MSPaint bit is required: there seems to be a problem with DreamMaker as it won't properly paste the image.)