ID:260661

Yep, that's right. I'm sure everyone has messed around with Microsoft Excel and noticed we can select a determined cell and give a name to it(which works just like an ID), so we can call it later by that name and not by [column],[row] format.

I wonder if this can be implemented. It'd sure as hell be nice to have and practical if you want something like this for example:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee237/chrisgregg123/ 233-1.png

We could refer only to the cells we actually need, even if there is a practical way to do the above-shown, it'd still be a nice thing to have.
even if there is a practical way to do the above-shown

Using multiple grids :P. By the looks of it, that was a character equipt screen; you can't do that with only one grid!
In response to Jeff8500
I meant the image on the left, to actually refer to those cells.

Like;

src << output(HEAD_ITEM,"EquipmentGrid:HEAD") // HEAD being the name of the cell\
and HEAD_ITEM the item equipped on the head of the mob.
In response to Andre-g1
So did I. You're acting as if it's possible to make blank/transparent cells in a grid; it isn't, to my knowledge. Unless you would go through the labor of making that image on the left into tons of 32x32 squares just to output them to a grid accordingly, when you could just use a label and a few different grids.
In response to Jeff8500
Excluding the image ! That was just a sketch !

Just focus on the squares, imagine a grid that could hold all of those squares, it'd be quite big.

I'm asking for a way to easily refer to the cell we want for that purpose.
In response to Andre-g1
Excluding the image ! That was just a sketch !

You should have said that :P. Either way, what would this be for? I don't see many uses besides making spread sheets while playing your game.
In response to Jeff8500
We could put a semi-transparent grid(on a pane/window?) over a label that has an image(for example that one).

And in the right places, output what we want.

^ Just an example, I'm sure there are more acceptable situations.
In response to Andre-g1
It would be so much easier to use separate grids and a label, though!
A basic implementation of this could be:
var/list/cell_names=list("cell1"=new/cell(1,1)) 
cell
var
x=0
y=0
New(x,y)
src.x=x
src.y=y

Although this makes the task somewhat more complicated than it would be if it were integrated into BYOND.