ID:2607853

BYOND Version:513
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 84.0.4147.135
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: When i try to compile my game the IDE closes and there are crash logs in the event viewer. In the cases that is does compile i cannot open my map file. It says out of memory when i do open my map, however, my friend can compile and open the map file just fine. I have 16gb of RAM installed and he has 32gb.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: -

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
````
Faulting application name: dreammaker.exe, version: 5.0.513.1528, time stamp: 0x5f19b737
Faulting module name: dreammaker.exe, version: 5.0.513.1528, time stamp: 0x5f19b737
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00017f63
Faulting process id: 0x35fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67b3913eb08d5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreammaker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreammaker.exe
Report Id: 5cf20a57-e1a0-4f93-908c-fc451efc7e7c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
````

````
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x0007ccb1
Faulting process id: 0xb78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67b3c43d255ad
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\dreammaker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BYOND\bin\byondwin.dll
Report Id: 673b85d4-5ec3-42d1-b9c6-1a2b2187a0d0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
````

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? More times than not it will crash when i compile. I am not able to open my map file anymore.
In other games?-
In other user accounts?-
On other computers? My friend can open my source in the IDE just fine and compile/edit the map just fine

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

There are a whole slew of errors showing up in the event viewer
No BYOND program can use more than 2 GB of memory, so your total system memory is mostly irrelevant.

It sounds like you have some very large icons and very large maps, and that's created a perfect storm where DM is just incapable of handling it.

I don't think this is actually a bug, unless something is causing more memory to be used than it should, but without a project to examine I can't investigate.
In response to Lummox JR
That was indeed it. I had some new objects created that were large and intended to be used as a map. Though they were only around 20kb each max and there were only 8 types of them (they were meant to be placed down individually)

they were approx 1600x1600px

are the actual dimensions the issue? or is it the file size? i'm going to assume its the dimensions since 20kb does not seem too crazy
They aren't 20kb. When images are loaded into memory, they are decompressed. The PNG compression significantly reduces their size on disc, but in memory they take up 4 bytes per pixel. So each one of those is 10.2 megs in image data alone.

So if 8 of them were in use, that's 81.6 megs. Not a lot, but if you were already approaching the 2 gig maximum, it could have pushed you over.