ID:260794

Please make it so when you upload a file, the client first sends out the CRC checksum of the file so that the server can actually verify if a file has changed before resorting to cached files.

Currently, the server seems to use cached files even when the filename happens to be the same.

I've got a Hostserver which allows people to upload their .dmb/.rsc files, and sometimes said files are cached. When a user tries to upload an updated version of their game, BYOND falls back to the cached file rather than accepting the new file, which is severely annoying as I'd have to clean the cache every time that happens.
Android Data wrote:
Please make it so when you upload a file, the client first sends out the CRC checksum of the file so that the server can actually verify if a file has changed before resorting to cached files.

Currently, the server seems to use cached files even when the filename happens to be the same.

I've got a Hostserver which allows people to upload their .dmb/.rsc files, and sometimes said files are cached. When a user tries to upload an updated version of their game, BYOND falls back to the cached file rather than accepting the new file, which is severely annoying as I'd have to clean the cache every time that happens.

Hrm... I know I put in code a long time ago to prevent this exact case by deleting the cached file when a new file of the same name is sent. Does this happen in very simple tests? If so, please file a proper bug report.
In response to Tom
The problem does not seem to be reproducable with simple tests. I'm sorry for taking up your time; although I don't know what must be causing it, one of our clients may have made a mistake on their part in choosing the file to upload.

It's either that, or such an issue was fixed recently-- post-441 to be precise. Is this the case, or is "a long time ago" referring to a date before 1999? =P
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
The problem does not seem to be reproducable with simple tests. I'm sorry for taking up your time; although I don't know what must be causing it, one of our clients may have made a mistake on their part in choosing the file to upload.

It's either that, or such an issue was fixed recently-- post-441 to be precise. Is this the case, or is "a long time ago" referring to a date before 1999? =P

This fix was in place well before 441. Let us know if you see the problem again.