ID:260852

Stores a list of computer id's used for banning, put in cfg folder next to keyban/ipban
You could do this yourself, you do realize that right? (Well for specific games, not all)
In response to Megelic
Megelic wrote:
You could do this yourself, you do realize that right?

I can't if I don't have the source-code of the game in my possession and the game doesn't allow it. But in these cases, I'd still like such functionality to exist.

It's also needed if you want to host BYOND games for clients, which is what Farawayhost does. Except there's a guy on it who can't ban by CID willy-nilly on every game, hence the request.
In response to Android Data
In the meantime, you can edit hostban.txt to apply a sticky ban. Unfortunately you need to reboot the game for the ban to take hold.
In response to Nadrew
I've never had to reboot my games after adding a key or IP to hostban.txt on my shell server for it to take hold. It always took hold after the player I hostbanned relogged. o.O

EDIT
All I would do is add their key or IP to the hostban.txt, save it, and then boot them off my game. Never again saw that key or IP ever again (unless they never tried to log back in again, which I highly doubt is the case since there's plenty of trolls I've had to hostban that would keep relogging after being booted).
In response to Spunky_Girl
Spunky_Girl wrote:
All I would do is add their key or IP to the hostban.txt, save it, and then boot them off my game.

A lot of games don't give the ability to boot players, especially if hosted on a Linux server and the ability to define an actual host isn't possible. Thus, the only way to activate the ban is to reset the server. (Or if you're fancy, disconnect them from the server directly using iptables.)
In response to Tiberath
Good thing I'm a firm believer that any game owner should always give themselves "admin powers". Y'know... "just in case". Whatever it may be.
In response to Spunky_Girl
Spunky_Girl wrote:
Good thing I'm a firm believer that any game owner should always give themselves "admin powers". Y'know... "just in case". Whatever it may be.

Except the discussion here is not about the author of the game, but about the host; often a developer will check for the IP to see if it's local to give host verbs like kick and ban. On Linux, the connection is not local but will always be remote, and a lot of developers miss the world.GetConfig("admin") proc that lists the people that should get host access.

In fact it'd be much nicer if developers were to use the latter method instead of the former, as the latter method allows a host to define multiple people in charge of the server and works even when a host is remotely connecting.