ID:260917

Just thought that people would want to discuss BYOND's christmas theme. So i thought i would start this thread.

Personally, i prefer the christmas theme colour scheme to the original. Although maybe a different shade of green shoulda been used. I dunno.

What are all your thoughts?
Seems green goes much better with blue than orange, eh?
Makes sense.
In response to Kaioken
In all fairness to the BYOND team, Blue and Orange are considered part of a complimentary colour scheme. However, the green does seem to be much better than the orange.
The theme is okay, except for the long white stripe on bottom left side(north to south).
IMO, not to be cynical, but basically every holiday color scheme, except for Valentine's Day, looked better than the current theme.
In response to OrangeWeapons
I'm starting to believe that I'm the ONLY one who likes the blue and orange..
I am offended. Why is there only a Christmas theme, but no a Hanukkah theme? HUH!?!?!
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
I am offended. Why is there only a Christmas theme, but no a Hanukkah theme? HUH!?!?!

I talked to them about this. You see our calendars are not the same, so unless a Jews here like me were to tell them the days it will be every year, Jews won't get an 8 days theme. But then what about the other Jewish holidays also! Same deal, they're never the same day(s) every year. So they would have to learn our calendar.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
Not Jewish but for the record Thanksgiving isn't on the same day every year either :P.
In response to Xyphon101
I like it as well. Green with blue is just a horrible look; Good thing it's temporary.
In response to Masschaos100
Masschaos100 wrote:
Not Jewish but for the record Thanksgiving isn't on the same day every year either :P.

Thanksgiving is always the 24th of November, Christmas is always the 25th, Hanukkah is some series of 8 days in December. No exact number date on the regular calendar.
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Masschaos100 wrote:

Thanksgiving is always the 24th of November, Christmas is always the 25th, Hanukkah is some series of 8 days in December. No exact number date on the regular calendar.
Thanks giving is different in Canada than USA, though. And Easter doesn't have a specific date.
In response to Xyphon101
Xyphon101 wrote:
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Masschaos100 wrote:

Thanks giving is different in Canada than USA, though. And Easter doesn't have a specific date.

Well apparently I don't know my dates of holidays. But essentially what I mean is Jewish holidays are on a completely different calendar.
there could infact be a database of holidays the byond developers could access.

I honestly don't care about the themes, but yeah...atleast one 'major' jewish holiday would be good to add...but hannukah isn't too religious, and isn't really a 'holy day', but it's widely known, so.
i guess it should have a theme too.
Thanksgiving is actually always the last Thursday of November in the US. Doesn't always fall on the same day -- in fact there are some years between times it falls on the same date.
In response to Xyphon101
I like blue and orange best.... Then again it might be because I'm a Florida Gator. x3
Thanksgiving is just on the fourth Thursday of November, so far I remember it being on the 22nd,23rd,24th,25th, or 27th...
In response to Masschaos100
Masschaos100 wrote:
Thanksgiving is just on the fourth Thursday of November, so far I remember it being on the 22nd,23rd,24th,25th, or 27th...

son of a biiiiiitch
In response to Nadrew
Heh, always get that Thursday thing confused but still isn't always on the same date like Christmas.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Thanksgiving is actually always the last Thursday of November in the US. Doesn't always fall on the same day -- in fact there are some years between times it falls on the same date.

It's the fourth, not the last. Thanksgiving always falls on a Thursday from November 22 through the 28.

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2